Friday morning at 7:15 am the Bedtime Furniture truck rolled into our driveway and brought in their 2 new twin beds, 2 mattresses, bedside table and dresser. I believe the furniture is made out of hemlock. Its really pretty. Nicholas and Celia did wonderful in their beds at nap time and for the first couple nights. Once they are sleeping, they do really well. It's more the actual going to sleep that sometimes is a bit more difficult. Sun and monday night they were jumping and being pretty silly going to bed. My nerves were fried - understatement. So.... Tuesday night I decided that I was going to TELL them to jump on the bed when it was appropriate. It worked! They jumped and played for a while, then got PJS on and brushed teeth. Bedtime went so smoothly when it was time for them to sleep.
Today I took N&C and Aaron to the grocery store (p.s. spent $83.00 and saved $82.00) and when we got home they went outside to play while I made them lunch (I can watch them from the kitchen). Then I yelled outside "Time to come in and jump on your beds". They looked at me like "WHAT!? REally!?". They ran in and jumped and played on the beds, ate lunch and then went right to sleep for nap (I rubbed their backs for about 3 minutes each).
Maybe I'm on to something???




Jill, you're too funny! I never would have thought of giving them permission to jump. Hopefully they'll outgrow it by the time they're teens :-)
ReplyDeleteLove the furniture!! Love you and the kids more xoxox
What a good strategy - lol. They look so grown up in their big kid beds. I really like the furniture. The bedding is cute too - is that a pocket on the comforter? So weird to see our little babies in big kid beds.
ReplyDeleteAwww! Big beds! Glad it is going well, it really does grow them up doesn't it. The beds look really nice and the bedding is cute!
ReplyDelete