We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

4.12.2010

Letter Aa - Ants

I apologize for my long blog absence. Blogger has been being really difficult to load photos on to for some reason. I had to copy all my files to jpg (which they were??) and do it from my external hard drive. Although I have a feeling it is because of blogger. Seems like they have gliches now and again.
Anyway, we're alive and well. Here is our Tot School we did last week. We worked on Letter Aa again because I found some other fun activities. The Aa theme was ants.


Tot Tray activities - based on Montessori Trays

1. Using an eye dropper to suck and drip colored water onto the grippy thing. Nicholas was so proud that he could do it!




2. Play Ants in a tub with Sand

3. Spooning/transferring colored water between cups. This eventually included pouring between cups. The sponge is a nice way for toddlers to easily clean-up.

Letter Aa & Ants:
We start the class time with a story and I had a book bag set from the library. The library has themed bags and this bag had 7 ant books, an ant puppet, and a sheet with ant fingerplays. After a story, some songs, and some talking then we work on some activities. I don't have photos of everything, but here is the most of it!
After our (generally) 9-10am class time they have snack at 10am and during snack I will sit at the table and read some bible stories from their kids bible. They do enjoy this and ask for more stories. :)

Sorting Capital and lowercase Aa

Sorting colored little balls.



The kids love these dabber dots!




Sorting Ants by size - we did large to small and small to large


Matching the ant front number and the back dot number.


Practicing cutting on the lines - ant trails. We also played 'follow the leader' like ants do. lol

The little puff balls have circle magnets on the back to fill in the A dots.

Aaron's choice activity this week (for the life of me, iphoto will not allow me to rotate this photo and I don't have the time to work on it - so tilt your noggin). :)


just thought this was funny. Gideon in the highchair. The kids thought this was hilarious. Gideon didn't think it was so hilarious.

And a fun beanbag toss into a box!

3 comments:

  1. Its fun to see the same things we are doing! You are much better at doing the trays though, I have pretty much been sticking to the Letter of the week stuff, just b/c my brain doesn't have the capacity to venture in to much else at this poing! ha! I love the ants in the sand though, I bet the boys would have loved that! I am getting ready to post our letter B stuff.....so was this from last week? Did you do the letter B this past week or 2 weeks on Letter A?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, Jill! I cracked up at Aaron's favorite task, too. Looks like he's building some fine motor skills with that. ;)

    I've been terrible at posting, too and was about to upload a ton of photos. Hope blogger isn't a pain for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are learning so much and it looks like so much fun. But I'm lost - what is is that you and Jennifer are doing that you both have the same learning tools? In other words...Where do I sign up for this?

    ReplyDelete