We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

6.05.2009

Potty Time








Last Saturday May 30th all of us went to Babies r Us to get our new cribs (our current cribs were recalled). While there we picked up some potty training supplies - a travel seat, a seat for Grandma & Papa's house, and some underwear. Nicholas picked out Thomas the Train and Celia picked out Dora underwear. I had some Gerber training underwear too (they just have extra fabric for leaks). When we got home we decided to give it a try. I really thought Celia was ready and Nicholas was not. That Saturday afternoon they both peed in their pants. We played with a Baby Alive potty doll and talked about going pee pee on the potty.
However, by Sunday Nicholas peed nicely during the day and stayed dry when he was awake. Celia's first dry day was monday. This first week of wearing underwear while awake (they wear diapers at night) they stayed dry almost the entire time - maybe 4 accidents all week total. Celia is going all by herself. She will walk to the bathroom, sit on the potty, wipe/flush, pull up her pants and then tell me she needs a treat. Nicholas still needs a bit of help with the pulling underwear up, but he goes whenever he sits on the potty too. Seriously, I don't know that this could have been much easier. We have even been out of the house at stores and at our small group bible study and they wore underwear. At our small group they both peed on the travel seat! Neither of them like the little potty. They both only want to sit on the actual toilet. I'm so impressed with them potty training so fast. They sure were ready!

And as a cute memory to add for myself:
Today Nicholas and Celia were playing outside and I was nursing Aaron in a chair outside and Nicholas was "going to go to the store to buy bananas (or 'mananas' as they say). He rode up to me and said, "Bye! Love you!" It was the first time he said 'love you' like that. Almost makes me teery eyed just thinking about it. They will be all grown up before I know it.

5 comments:

  1. GREAT pictures Jill and congrats to you and N&C for doing sooo good!! Yippee!! I'm still scared though!! LOLOL!
    And those little Love You shout outs are the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma MausJune 06, 2009

    You make it look so easy! You did great preparations with them so they were ready. Maybe you should write a book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are doing so well with potty training!!! It's funny b/c L&D only want to sit on the big one, too. Maybe we should just let them go to that one all together. We got some underwear, too, but have honestly not gotten very serious about training yet. I'm saving it for my summer project! ;)

    That is so sweet re. Nicholas lovin' his mama. What a cutie pie he is. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering how potty training was going! Those are such cute potty pictures, especially Celia reading in that first one :). I can't believe how well they took to that transition - that is so good! And that is such a cute story about Nicholas. I just can't believe how fast our little ones are growing up. It's good, but sad in a way too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute pictures!!!! I am glad they are doing so great!!

    ReplyDelete