We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

7.20.2010

Roseola and a haircut


Lots has happened lately.
1. I actually trimmed Aaron's curls. When Nicholas had his first haircut and I trimmed it, his hair got coarser and never was the same. So, with caution, I trimmed tiny bits off Aaron's hair. It was getting long and I think it looks nicer (above pic).

2. Aaron ended up catching Roseola last week. He had been quite cranky from 4th of July thru that week. Different than normal, but we figured it was teething. Then the weekend of 10th/11th of July it was like having a colicky baby. He was so fussy. He had never had such a terrible time teething, so I wasn't sure why he was reacting this way. He had a fever for those 2 days and nights, diarrhea, a slight runny nose when he'd cry, wanted to be held, no appetite. It was just such a pain. Then sunday night he started to act better (but a tooth had popped thru, so I thought maybe he felt better cause his tooth came thru). Then Monday when I changed him, he had the Roseola rash all over his torso, faintly on his arms/legs and a couple on his face. Definitely Roseola - matched all the online pics. So that explains the irritability, diarrhea, fever, etc (all symptoms). Good news is he should be immune for the rest of his life.

3. And a funny story...
Yesterday Celia ran up to me saying "Mom! I got Nicholas' yucky out of his nose". Here she had a booger sitting on her finger. I told her to go put it in the trash. Oh, such benefits to having a twin. You don't have to pick your own nose. ha!
Lots has

2 comments:

  1. awww, poor guy. That story is hilarious. Celia will make a great mommy some day :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so happy in this mugshot!

    ReplyDelete