We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

9.18.2007

Our Big Kid Bathtub






We bought the babies a tub bumper and a rubber mat for the bottom of the tub so they can take baths together. They are both very good at sitting and the infant tub wasn't cutting it any longer. This system is working well. I lay them both on the mat on the bathroom floor (with a towel down too). Then I undress them and put Celia in first since she is a calmer bather and less likely to tip. Nicholas......thats another story. He thinks he is a little fish or something. He gets so excited that he wiggles all over and tips over at least 2x a bath! He is the stressful one to bathe. So....I only put in a few inches of water. He sits on the shallower end, Celia closer to the drain. They also can't be right next to each other in case one tips and knocks over the other. Also, Nicholas goes in 2nd and out first. Celia hardly tips over so I can keep an eye on her while I dry him and put his pajamas on. They seem to like to bathe together now. The first week this way Celia would cry when Nicholas would scream (which he likes to yell a lot when he is happy) but now she is content. Here are some pictures from the bath:
You will see one picture of Nicholas tipping over - I caught him before his face went in. That boy is fearless!

1 comment:

  1. That is great! I need to find one for our bathtub, what a good idea. I love the bath pictures, they seem like they are having a great time. I do the same thing - the calmer baby goes in first and comes out last :).

    ReplyDelete