We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

9.28.2008

Saturday at the Zoo





Jason and I took the kids to the zoo on Saturday. It was forecasted as the last nice summer day for a while, so we thought we better do something outside. It was sunny and about 75 degrees. Sometimes hotter in the sun. It was so nice.
We left the house at 10:30 am. We had packed lunches for the kids and picked up Subway on our way there for us. Nicholas and Celia napped on the way there (45 min drive). Once we arrived we looked at the birds a bit, then the fish, and then we went to eat at a food area.
They ate very well. When they were through eating I showed them the chocolate chip cookie I had bought them at Subway and they got so excited. I almost think Nicholas would prefer a giant cookie instead of a birthday cake in January. He is a cookie monster.
We saw the giraffes, elephants, hippos and other animals. We walked through the dairy area and saw cows. Then Jason got a mint choc chip ice cream cone and myself a blue moon cone. We sat at a picnic table under a tree and the kids took bites of our cones. They loved the 'blue icecream and green icecream".
Then we took their first ride on the zoo train. They were pretty excited. Here are a couple videos of them on the Zoo train.
Waiting on the train:


8 comments:

  1. That looks like a lot of fun. What a fun Saturday! I can't believe Nicholas nods yes in response to your question, does he always do that? We have mastered no and that's it - lol. This makes me want to go to the zoo AND get blue and green ice cream :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute pictures and video! I like it when they get excited and clap! Glad you guys had a nice time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good idea. I hadn't thought about there only being so much time left before outdoor stuff isn't going to be happening for a while! I love how they swap seats with you and Jason at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Probably one of the last nice days of the year to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMMM... blue moon is one of my favorite flavors. I can't get it down here though. I have only seen it up north, Michigan.
    I found a bunch of pics when I was at my Dads house from all of us when we went to visit Grandma Helen when we were real little. I don't remember the trip, but the pics are cute. I also found a ton of pics from your Mom and Dads wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun!! I love how excited N was!!! Our zoo doesn't have a train, but after watching the Baby Signing Time Zoo Train video so much, last week when we went to the zoo, the boys were asking for the train :(
    Very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun you are having! I loved reading baout how you and the kids are doing!
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great time! Thanks for the pictures and videos :)

    ReplyDelete