We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

12.07.2008

Merry Christmas!

Ay yi yi.... this was sticky!!!!




Picture this:
Mommy setting two rocking ottomans out with the lighting all set. Place two 22 month olds on ottomans and ask them to stay still so the camera can focus. Ask them to keep their hats on - but smile at the same time and look cute. Now they are moving too much and rocking back and forth on the ottomans. So, break out the lollipops. Looks festive, right?
Adjust lighting - seemed to bright. Okay... back to pictures.
Uh oh. Lollipops leak colors really bad. No! Don't touch your shirt. No! Don't touch the ottoman! Smile. :) Why are you crying? Oh don't cry, Celia. Mommy is happy! I just want you to hold still and not touch anything. Nicholas please stop rocking. Mommy only sees blur in the camera. Alright. We're done.

And there you go. A twin toddler photo session. :)

7 comments:

  1. I really like these pictures Jill. Are you going to use them for your Christmas card? I love their eyes in them, that's always the first thing I notice. It may have been sticky but it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the post! Too funny! You did a great job capturing your wonderfully cute children. Makes me want to have a lollipop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore these pictures Jill, they look like the cover of a Macy's ad.

    I seriously need to get what ever camera you have! I've been doing photography, not digital, 35 for years, I even had a darkroom when I was in HS and college. I bought a semi-decent small digital camera, 9 MP not to shabby, but I can't get it to do the things that I want it too.

    I need your help!!! I want what ever camera you have lol and or tips! Your so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these pics Jill!! They are so fun and just beautiful!!!!!
    However, the session you are describing, is exactly why I can't get any good pics of them myself and why I refuse to pay someone else to try right now too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need to write a book! Next time, try it w/help. The pictures turned out really nice though/great actually! Seriously...write a book--you're too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just about right!!! I'm sure we'll be going through a lot of that (sans lights, studio, and wonderful photographer behind the camera)! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures Jill! I really need to get cracking on learning how to use my camera's manual settings.

    ReplyDelete