We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

10.06.2009

Cute words

Nicholas and Celia are talking ALL the time now. To each other, to their toys, to me... Its so cute. And they are very understandable. However, I would imagine most kids have some words that come out just a bit off. Here are 3 Nicholas words for me to remember. :) I tried having him say 'motor cycle' today but he refuses and says he prefers 'micklecycle'. Wappybug (long a sound) is also a winner.
I can't think of any words Celia says real funny... hmmm.... I'll have to listen real careful to her, but I don't recall any right now.

Mickle-cycle = motorcycle

chichin = chicken

wappybug (long a) = ladybug

One night before bed I asked Nicholas to go potty. The new thing N&C say is "I did already" (even though "already" could mean 3-5 hours ago). So this was the conversation. . .

Me - "Nicholas please go potty before bed"
Nicholas - "I did already, mom."
Me - "Nicholas, sometimes pee pee is hiding in your body and you just have to sit on the potty and see if any comes out"
Nicholas - "Oh! It's hiding?" (he walks to potty and sits down, pee comes out)
Nicholas - "Oh mom! Pee was hiding in my butt!"


and I thought of a sweet thing Celia said this weekend too. She opened the gate by the stairs and it hit my leg as I was wiping off the kitchen table. I said 'ouch' and she said "Oh sorry mom! I didn't mean to bump you! Kisses?" and then she gave me a kiss. What a sweetheart!

1 comment:

  1. I love those sweet toddler sounds when their words don't come out just right!!! For the longest time the boys said 'shakemilk' instead of 'milkshake'!!! Too funny!
    That was sweet of Celia too!!!

    ReplyDelete