On October 10th we went to the Saukville Fire Department since they were having an open house. It was so neat. They cleared out their huge garage and had it indoors (it was really cold, rainy/snowy, and windy). They had an older fire engine inside so people could climb in it and touch it. Nicholas and Celia were being sort of shy when we got there, so we had to urge them to sit on the fire engine for a picture.
We need to choose a safe meeting place outside and practice a fire drill in our house with Nicholas and Celia. Sometimes our kitchen fire drill goes off due to cooking issues and we just wave a towel to turn it off. Thats not teaching them anything other than 'mommy burned dinner'. I did tell N&C that if they see a fire "Go outside, do not hide" (slogan picked up at fire safety day). Daylight savings is coming up soon too, so remember to change those smoke detector batteries!




oh, that looks like such fun! What a great family day! We have been wanting to take the boys to the fire station! Great time to start practicing I guess!
ReplyDeleteThat looks like so much fun! I wonder if every fire station/district does that. We'll have to look into it...
ReplyDeleteThe kids were MUCH more excited the next day telling me about it than they were riding in the fire truck!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a neat experience!
How fun! Jason looks like he had the most fun! :) There were some play dates at a local fire station here but we missed them. I'll have to check into it more. Z&J would enjoy it I'm sure!
ReplyDelete