Celia loving her dress from Grandma Maus (with spandex pants underneath)

Back in maybe early november Jason and I found a great wooden kitchen on amazon.com for a great price. We had been shopping online for wooden kitchens for months and finally settled a nice one with a wonderful sale price. For 3 days last weekend Jason snuck down to the utility room or basement at night to build the kitchen so we could surprise Nicholas and Celia on Christmas morning. So Christmas Eve after they went to bed we put it in the playroom, turned off the light and shut the door. All the gifts were under the tree in the basement all set for the morning.
So morning comes and at about 7:30am I thought I heard one of the kids get up, but being 1/2 asleep I figured maybe they were getting up to pee (that happens where they go on their own if its an emergency in the morning). I did hear whoever it was go back in their room, but I was 1/2 asleep so I didn't know the time frame. And I didn't have my glasses on to peek (I'm about blind as a bat without contacts or glasses) so I didn't peek to see who it was.
Anyway... 7:50am and both kids are awake and we get ready to go downstairs. Jason grabs the video camera and I the picture camera and we go down. The plan was to open gifts and then have them go take their new gifts in the playroom and they would be surprised by the kitchen. Jason was going to be in the playroom with the camera on so we could record their faces.
Well. . . as you'll see in the video. Someone had snuck down there first and scoped it out. The lights we on and the door was open to the playroom. That stinker was Celia. LOL! She was not surprised to see the kitchen as she waltzed right in to the playroom. ha! You can hear Jason and I whispering about 'what happened!?' at the end.
They had fun opening their gifts. It's funny how they love the Gear toy that was for Aaron.

Nicholas' automoblox (very cool cars!). They make big automoblox and I think N&C would both LOVE a big one. Celia loves cars. We should just buy her cars too. lol

And we learned that Aaron has an extremely long tongue! He is getting his first tooth and he was playing with it with his tongue. We were laughing so hard that we were crying when we were taking these pictures. He is too cute!
Below is a picture of one of their 'Potato Head' toys. The hilarious thing is I hear, "WHERE is my mashed potato!?" or "WHERE is my tomato head" LOLWe also made a birthday cake for Jesus. After a delicious dinner at my parent's house (Dad/Papa ROCKED that prime rib!) we sang 'Happy Birthday' to Jesus and N&C blew out the candle.
Happy Birthday Jesus! :)








I think that is funny that Celia sneaked down early. I'm glad you guys had a good Christmas - I liked watching them on video it felt like I was there with you on xmas morning ;).
ReplyDeleteToo funny-- that sneaky Celia! But I love the kitchen set and all the other great toys. Looks like you all had a great Christmas! ;)
ReplyDelete