
We had a snowstorm! It was a big one. A 'wallop' as our neighbor, Mr Dave, stated. We got about 12 inches or so of snow. And tonight it is dropping to single-digits and very windy... so everything will have a nice layer of ice on top of it. Jason/Daddy had a very rough day today, though. He woke up to be at his paper route at 3am, his car got stuck at 5pm, so he walked to his friend Matt's house and woke him up. Matt helped Jason pull his car out and then let Jason use his truck to finish the route. Then Jason got home at almost 8am (usually he gets home by about 5:30am and has left for his 'real' job by 7:30am). So since the freezing stuff was coming he wanted to get the driveway cleared before he left for work. But then the snowblower wouldn't start. So he grabbed a shovel to clear a path and that cracked in half. He was not so happy.
So my Dad came over and got it started, but then Jason ran out of gas shortly after. So, Jason went to work and then came home a while later and with new gas he realized it was not starting before because it had old gas in it. So he was able to clear the driveway finally. He was going from about 2:30am to 5pm and was in bed shortly after 6pm. He works SO hard. I think in the last 2 days he had 8 hours of sleep total. I was noticing that the kids were playing today and they were talking about Daddy being at work all the time. When they see his car, they get excited that he is actually home. The paper routes are great since they make up the income since I have to be home, but it will be fabulous some day when he can be home like a regular person.
So Jason had a rough day, but the kids and I had a nice day. Once Aaron went to sleep for his first nap at 9am, i put the monitor in my pocket and Nicholas, Celia and I went out to build a snowman with Grandma. It's the CUTEST snowman EVER! We have it facing the house, not the road. That way the kids can look out their window and see it looking at them. With the ice coating it tonight, it'll probably be there until May. ha ha. Tonight when I closed their shade in their room I saw this giant snowman staring at me in the dark... and I'll admit I sort of pictured a horror movie. ha ha. It's sweet in the daylight though.
Grandma helped N&C trudge to her house while I carried Aaron and we had hot chocolate and helped Grandma decorate her Christmas tree (Grandma was home because school was canceled).






sorry jason had such a bad day, but looks like you and the kiddos had a fun day! i just love your snowman, he is adorable! makes me want to build one!
ReplyDeleteThat is a TON of snow. WOw. Glad you guys had a fun day, but sad that Jason has to work so hard like that. Especially at this age when they are growing so fast. Hopefully he can be home more in the future. Love the snowman :).
ReplyDelete