We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

11.19.2007

Wowsers

It is just amazing how quickly they can jump to a new skill! In the last month (and mostly in the last couple weeks or less) they have learned to:
1. both were army crawlers
2. both can regular crawl
3. both can go from crawl to sitting (celia just did it tonight!)
4. pull up on things
5. Nicholas tried cruising while holding on to the couch tonight too
6. both can hold their own bottle

It is so neat to see them put all the skills together. It is so fun!
In the last week they have started drinking a lot more milk too. Lately they are drinking 6oz bottles 4x a day! They never drink this much. I had heard that sometimes before babies get real active they have a little drop in their milk intake, so who knows if that was what is was?
I am starting to transition from breastmilk to formula now. We are using Nestle Good Start 2 (for babies 9-24 mos). It has more iron and calcium to compensate for what they might not get when eating finger food, etc and their higher demands as an older baby. They are drinking a bottle with 1/2 breastmilk and 1/2 formula for now. I am pumping only a few times a day now and I have a lot in the freezer - so they will get some for a few more weeks. Its close to being 1 year old by the time they are on formula. Part of me isnt sure if I will have them have maybe 1/2 formula and 1/2 cow milk when they get over 12 mos for the extra calories? We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. It really is so amazing to watch the new skills arrive! What a joy (times two)! We have so much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed too at how fast they pick up new things. I feel like it's a lot more work now that they are learning to pull up on things and are in to anything they can reach. Good for them eating more! They are getting in those extra calories so that they can be more active :).

    ReplyDelete