We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

8.09.2008

Flashback to 6 months old

I haven't done any flashback pictures in a while. :) So here are a few. Celia standing with me before a bath - she must've been 6 months old (the picture say 6/30/07 at 6:36pm). I had read that babies gradually need their ligaments and joints to loosen up for movement so that is why babies can't move real well until they are older. I can see that in the picture compared to now. I can tell even with some baby signs that ask for wrist movement that now that they are older they can do. Anyway, thought it was interesting.


Here are the two of them laying on my bed at about 6 months old also. In their cloth diapers. They almost look guilty of something? Maybe they were about to arm wrestle?

And at 6 months (about 2 days before 6 months) Nicholas sat for the first time unassisted. Celia sat at 6.5 months. His back looks like he has a board on it, but he doesn't. His concentration is pretty fierce here. :)
We have been having our garage sale this weekend. Friday we made over $200, but today, Saturday is much much slower. I have WAY too many baby clothes still here. They need to sell! I even kept a tub of favorite clothes, so these will have to go to the consignment shop if they don't sell. It was kind of sad setting the clothes out, but now I just want them to go.
You sure meet some interesting characters at garage sales. One older lady yesterday wanted to buy our small tent for $5 (priced at $10) but I said I wasn't able to sell it for $5. She was smoking and even put her cigarette out on our driveway. Hello? Manners?
Then an old lady today was looking at my teaching borders (like fancy paper borders you put around bulletin boards). I priced them for $.50 (cheap for almost new borders) and she said:
"I'll give ya .25 cents for it. My granddaughter is a teacher"
I said, "Well, its almost new and they are $3.00 new."
She says "Heres .25 cents. You won't sell it anyways"
me: "Well there were a lot and they did sell, so I think it would"
And she throws a quarter down on the table. Annoying! I was pretty upset with her. But I put it in a bag. I wish I hadn't though.
But we've met some nice people too. So I suppose it evens out.
Didn't mean to crab for a bit. lol

4 comments:

  1. They look so different! And I remember them sitting up so early because I thought to myself that they seemed so young to be able to do that. They were really early sitters! I can't believe those ladies, especially the one who threw you the quarter. I hate being bullied like that, but I would probably have done the same thing as you. Bummer about not selling all the baby clothes, we have so much that the pile is getting really high. I think we'll have to go to the consignment shop too. Yea on the $200 though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the "deer in headlights" picture. Was it that long ago? WOW. I love that one of Celia before a bath! And I notice the bottle of Zantac on the floor. ;) Nicholas looks so proud of himself sitting up like a big boy!

    As for garage sales, they do cause the most interesting people to come out of the woodwork. I can't believe that story. How rude!!!

    We have TONS of baby clothes-- I mean TONS, but I'm not ready to get rid of them yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love FF pictures! They are sooo cute! Ahhh...garage salers. Did you notice anything stolen? We get families that come and spread out. A few start distracting the sellers and asking questions and prices and then the others grab and head for the car. One year I lost an entire box of DVD's with really good movies and a box of book's on tape (from when I had a hefty commute). :( If I'd sold them all it would have been about $300 for just those....sheesh. People....
    I hope the sale is a huge success after everything is finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I love the pics Jill!!!! I think you had a similar picture on your blog header or maybe your siggy on TMMB when I first started reading!!!!!
    Yard sales do bring out the crazy people!!!! It takes all kinds!!!!
    It amazes me how people want you to give it away!!!!

    ReplyDelete