We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

8.27.2008

Over a few states and through the woods...

To Grandmother's house we go. . .
We are all packed and ready to head to Kentucky to visit Great-Grandma! We packed pretty light - well, compared to a year ago when we may just have hitched the house to the car. Now we only have:
2 Booster Seats
cooler
Tote of food
Laundry basket full of toys
2 play strollers
1 double stroller
1 kids suitcase
1 adult suitcase
1 backpack for going in restaurants
1 bag of dvds, books, change of clothes, etc 
1 bag of bedding for the pack and plays
2 pack and plays

We even left space in the back of the van for diaper and clothing changes. So then we don't have to use the yucky ones in the restaurants and rest stops. There is a quilt down (for cushion when they lay down), wipes, diapers and books set out in the diaper changing spot in the van so we can be done real quick. 
In the morning we will put Nicholas and Celia into the car with their jammies on. Hopefully they will fall asleep soon into the drive. It is a 9 hour drive and then a bit longer for stops. We turned their car seats around for the trip and we have the car dvd player all set. I stopped at the library this week and checked out 3 kids dvds. They always like the same signing time and baby einstein signing dvd, but these other 3 look nice too. 
So, we are off to bed since our alarm is going off at 4:15 am. Grandma and Grandpa will be checking in every day on the kitties. :) 
We'll try to check in during our trip, but otherwise we'll see you Monday. Wish us safety and luck! :)

p.s. Nicholas (and Celia is pretty close) said 'bye' today quite a few times. :) 

5 comments:

  1. You thought of everything! I may have to save this post and refer to it for our next trip:) Have a safe and wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea to make a diaper changing station in the back already set up! I'll have to remember that for our next car trip instead of taking up every inch of room back there. Hope your trip is a great one...car ride and all! I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurry back...I'm lonesome already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog so I nominated you for an award! Check it out! http://tatertotmarch.blogspot.com/2008/08/id-like-to-thank-my-twins-for-all-my.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you really are organized! I hope that they don't mind being in the car that long. Hopefully the new DVD player (and facing forward) will entertain them for a while. Have fun!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete