Pediped - Very cute, but wayyy to wide. Better for medium to wide width feet
See Kai Run- Nice looking but still a little too wide.
Stride Rite - nice shoes, but only 2 options for each due to their shoe size and narrow width.
Robeez - nice comfy shoes and could work (Robeez Tredz since they have velcro to tighten), but were more expensive since they don't have a twin's discount.
Preschoolians - 3 foot width inserts: narrow, medium, wide, a 40% off discount for twins, and lots to choose from. Not my TOP choice in styles, but we have had 2 other shoes from there and N&C have liked them a lot.
I have been thinking and searching for shoes so much that I was dreaming about shoes so much that I couldn't sleep well. Now thats too much thinking about shoes!!!
Then once you pick a shoe company, you have to choose - slip on, velcro or laces. I'm not ready to have them fall on their faces when their shoe laces untie, so that went out the window. I decided to go simple and get slip-on shoes with elastic ankles and thicker soles (these are rubber soles, not leather like original Robeez).
Anyway, we went with these from Preschoolians. Love that 40% discount! They also have great customer service.


They ship September 1st, so we won't have them for our trip to Kentucky, but they'll be here soon. Now, if I put 1/120 amount of thought into my own style, I wouldn't look like a schlumpadinka every day.




Wow, I love it when someone else does all the research - ha ha. This will help me out with finding shoes for Kat because she has such tiny feet too. I bought some slip on shoes for Kat from Preschoolian that are size 20. But they are so big that even Brody can fit into them and he wears a 22 right now. So I wonder if the slip ons run bigger? Let me know if you find the same with yours. I feel like a shlumpadinka most days too!
ReplyDeleteJill, you crack me up! This sounds like something I would do! I think you have done your research!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh man i think we share the same brain. I do endless amounts of research when making most purchases for the babies. I recently bought them each a pair of Pedipeds online at the Nordstrom Anniversary sale for $19.90. It was a tough decision. Since they are not walking the fit does not matter quite as much right now.
ReplyDeleteI thought of you guys the other day when we bit the bullet and ordered the BOB revo. from REI (its 20% off). We looked endlessly for it on Craigslist etc. with no success. They are spendy little buggers. The funny part is i remembered that i had a small bank account from when I was a child that has some old babysitting money in it that has been untouched for years. I figured this would be the perfect way to spend it.
(p.s. I am going to try and look back at your sippy cup post...almost that time.) Man these kids are expensive!:)
Liam has really wide feet and we were able to do the Robeez in the beginning, its nice to know they have something similar with rubber soles. Will have to check them out. We have a Stride Rite Outlet here, I need to get him some shoes other than sandals soon. Thanks for the guide.
ReplyDeleteThose are really cute shoes! I just made the mistake of buying 4 pairs without the LOs with me and so now I have 2 that Chase can wear next year and 2 that I have to return for Summer. You are a MUCH better shoe shopper than I ever will be!!! So I suppose I'll be wondering over to the Preschoolian window to do some shopping now.... lol ....
ReplyDeleteThose Preschoolians look just like Robeez but I love the thicker sole! My boys had the lizard pair from Robeez and I thought they were so cute! I hope they work out for you schlumpadinka! Hey that should be our BMT name! *L*
ReplyDeleteyou are NOT a shlumpadinka! You're a busy, caring Mom! Silly girl!
ReplyDeleteThanks again for doing the hard work for me. So far you've helped me buy sippy cups, a booster seat, and now shoes! ;) Actually, L&D have 1 pair of Preschoolians and seem to like them. You can't beat that twin discount. Plus I'm entering some photos in the contest in hopes of winning a free pair!
ReplyDelete