We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

10.25.2008

A cookie monster

On Friday Celia, Nicholas and I made chocolate chip cookies. I let them stand on kitchen chairs pushed against the cupboard so they could stand and watch/help. They thought it was pretty cool. They got to help pour things in and hold on to the mixer. Unfortunately at one point I went to get the eggs from the fridge and Nicholas slipped and fell off the chair. Yikes. He cried for a bit, but then was happy to taste a chocolate chip. We'll have to be much more careful next time.
So they tasted some chocolate chips and then after the dough was spooned onto the pans we periodically watched the cookies turn from dough to cookies.
They were so excited to have them come out of the oven. I always tell them to back up and that the oven is really hot and would give a BIG owie. So they do really well standing far back. After the cookies were cool we had cookies and milk. Celia was a very neat eater (and the 2 pics I got of her weren't so flattering - eyes half shut). So here are some pictures of the cookie monster himself.

5 comments:

  1. I hope you showed Nicholas himself in a mirror! ha ha. The cookies were great........ate mine for breakfast today. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!!! And again... good listeners near the oven. I bet they loved watching them bake, too. I'm hungry for some cookies now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine would have fallen off the chairs the minute I set them down, thrown all the ingredients before they made it into the bowl, and climbed into the hot oven. You're so lucky to have CALM twins. What cute pictures of your cookie monster! Z&J just started saying "Cookie" recently and Jake sounds like Cookie Monster when he says it....Cooookie....all low. *L*

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is Nicholas!!!! I bet Celia was a cute cookie monster too! My boys LOVE LOVE LOVE helping me stir things in the kicthen too! I have a step stool that they will drag over and help me out! Its cute!
    Was this Joanna's cookie recipe? I just made them last night for our hayride tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look how cute Nicholas looks with chocolate all over his face :). Love his expression in that last shot! What a fun treat for them too. Last time I baked cookies for K&B they didn't even want to eat them, which kind of took the fun out of baking them. I should try it again.

    ReplyDelete