We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

10.28.2008

Our Halloween 2008

For those of you who guessed on the halloween costume poll, here are the answers! Nicholas was a dragon and Celia was a clown. lol I am not even sure either of those were options. I didn't know what Celia was going to be when I made the poll, and I thought Nicholas' was a dinosaur. Sorry! I couldn't change it once it was started.
This was a very fun halloween. We don't really celebrate it too much. We stay away from the spooky stuff and just stick with silly costumes and fall fun. But, this was a very fun day (sunday was trick or treat for us). Grandma and Grandpa Velicer came for a visit on sunday (I plan to post those pictures soon). Afterwards, we went to Grandma and Grandpa Maus' house to help pass out candy to the trick or treaters. Nicholas and Celia got the idea of getting candy and putting it in the kid's bags. Some of the masks were spooky and they didn't like that though!
After a while, Grandma M. prodded us to take Nicholas and Celia to the next door neighbor with gift bags as trick-or-treat bags. We whined a bit cause it was snowing only an hour earlier, but we went. It was great! We went to all the neighbors we know. It was cold, but N&C loved it. Since they don't know how to say 'thank you' yet, they would just say 'hi' and 'bye'. Nicholas, our normally shy child, was pretty outgoing with everyone since he was being given candy. He even stopped an adult on the sidewalk and said "hi!" really loud. It was cute.
They had a great time and when we went back in to Grandma's house Nicholas cried. He wanted to keep going!

After dinner we took them to our friend's house who was having a post trick-or-treat party. That was also so much fun. There were other kids there and N&C had so much fun with the older kids. They kept their costumes on most of the day. Nicholas even wanted the dragon head up. We had snacks and sat by the fireplace and had such a nice time. We got them to bed at about 8 PM (which is an hour later than normal), but they did excellent. We were so happy to be able to get out and do something like that. Thanks Nicky and Matt!!!

Here is our sweet green dragon and our precious clown!


Handing candy out the door with Grandma

8 comments:

  1. They look so cute in their costumes! Celia looks so much older in her costume, it must be the pigtails. And Nicholas makes a really cute dragon :). Does your whole neighborhood do Halloween early like that? We have been debating on letting them go to the doors or just pull them around in the wagon on Halloween night. It sounds like it was fun for N&C to actually go up to the door though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicolas and Celia look adorable in their costumes ... my vote was for a dinosaur and a princess ... so, we were half right! haha

    Glad to hear that you all had a fun time! Stay Warm!

    With love,
    Connie and Chris in Florida

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, they look so cute!!!!! I am with Joanna, does your whole town do Halloween early? I guess ours is on Friday night, but we'll be out of town.
    They are getting so big!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! I love the pig tails:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah...early Halloween? If you came to my door early I'd probably have no candy...but you could have a Go-Gurt! *L* Love the pictures. They both look like they really enjoyed their costumes and Celia looks so sweet with those piggy tails. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so cute in their costumes! I love Celia's piggytails! And Nicholas makes a great dragon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We were so glad you stopped by! It was nice to see you all. The kids were so cute and getting so big-each time I see them they just seem more and more mature. See you soon.
    Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so funny cause Lindon is a dragon as well this year.

    ReplyDelete