We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

10.20.2008

Our first trip to a pumpkin Farm

In the mouth of a pumpkin face:



Sunday we planned to take a trip to a pumpkin farm. I had seen an advertisement for hay rides and thought it might be fun. On our way out the door I checked on-line to see the exact address of the place and saw it was $7 a person for a hayride (pumpkin included). I wasn't sure if they were charging for all of us, but it seemed most likely. So, we decided not to spend $28 and went to a different pumpkin farm where we knew we could just walk around and pick out 2 small pumpkins for Nicholas and Celia.
It turned out to be a nice trip. This farm has a large bird enclosure with emus, peacocks, ducks, geese, swans, and chickens. Nicholas and Celia really enjoyed watching them. They sat on some pumpkins, picked up colored field corn, and ran around. It was a nice trip and for their two small pumpkins it was only a total of $4.00. We figured we would rather spend the money when they are a little older - maybe next year. This year, I think I will let them go at their pumpkins with the finger paint. :)

First look at all the crazy birds:
The Ogre twins.

Celia loved sitting on pumpkins. ha ha
Yeah I don't like sitting on pumpkins. You had your 2 second photo opportunity . . .
Looking at the geese running A freaky emu....

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! Looks like they really enjoyed themselves! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time!!! We have got to hurry and get to the pumpkin patch before its too late!!!!!
    Love the Ogre twins!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pics and commentary. Loved the 2 second picture opportunity. The emu is a bit scary looking, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice family time you had! I'll have to come and see the pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun!!! Looks like this weekend was the good one for the pumpkin patch. And I agree-- go for cheaper now and wait until they can at least appreciate how much money you spend on things! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOw fun! I love seeing everyone's pumpkin patch pictures. Looks like you guys had a good time. Ogre twins - love that :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fun day, that emu is a bit freaky! Love your new pics up top, the kids are adorable and I love the shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh! I totally missed this post! I'm not getting my notifications...:( Great pictures! Is that Jason or you holding N&C up for the Ogre Twins pictures? *L*

    ReplyDelete