We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

10.12.2008

Hiking


Friday afternoon my mom (Grandma M) called and asked if N&C and I would like to go to a hiking trail right near our house. We agreed and went. It is about 3 minutes from us, but we've never been there. I didn't know it was so nice! I really like it. There are many trails that go pretty far. Its so beautiful. Well, I think Nicholas and Celia hiked about a mile! By the end they were dragging. ha ha And they slept really well that night (and ate dinner pretty good). They might be outdoorsy kids since we take them on walks, bike rides in the trailer, stroller rides, swimming, camping and now hikes.
It was so fun. Grandma found Nicholas a walking stick and he actually used it like a walking stick without us showing him how. They had fun running in the crunchy leaves. We took drink breaks too. And the cool thing is it is free. :)
We also went again this sunday afternoon for a little walk. We took a different trail that was pretty sunny (and it is amazingly warm today!). Nicholas has been kind of cranky. I think he has teeth coming in but I'm not sure which.
Here are some pictures from our walk - and the leaves above are scanned in leaves from our walk as well.

7 comments:

  1. Oh,that looks like fun! Looks like your mom was enjoying some good time with N&C!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look like a lot of fun and yay for the freebies!! I bet you got a lot of use of the new signs for leaf and tree with this hike (thanks, Baby Signing Time)! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great walk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the coolest walking path, is that near your house? I would love something like that near our house, I love to hike. We have more desert trails with cacti & such. Not really kid friendly. I love that picture of your mom holding Celia, that is really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always...amazing pictures Jill! What a fun path...you guys are lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures. I headed way up north in Michigan on Sunday and Monday - what gorgeous colors I saw up there. I love to hike in the fall with a bed of colored leaves on the ground. Looks like N&C do also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful path! I love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete