Nicholas and Celia love the ABC's. We have a Leap Frog magnetic ABC toy that they really enjoy. We've been working on some letter recognition and so far they know:
A, B, C, O, N, M
I know its important that they learn lower-case too, but most books and this toy have the upper-case. We have lots of time and I have lots of fun things to do with them as they get prepared for Kindergarten (I think they would start Fall 2012?). It'll be here before I know it (but hopefully not too soon!)! I hope I don't wear them out, cause I love 'playing kindergarten' sometimes (I was a kindergarten teacher prior to being 'mommy'). I wonder if they'll get to kindergarten and say "We've been doing this at home for many years". lol
Its fun to go through my things and get out favorite books and songs to do with them. we have been reading 'Brown Bear, Brown Bear, what do you see' by Eric Carle. I have the song to the book by Greg and Steve, and they were in love with the song last night (its like a lullaby).
In this video clip I accidentally pointed right to letter 'N', but Nicholas and Celia know that one well. Nicholas was watching the video through the camera screen so I had to show him the letter through the video. :)
2.19.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Oh Jill I love the letter stuff! We've been using our doodle pro's for ABC's. We have A,B,C,D,E,I,K,N,O,P,S,T,V so far and doing pretty well! I do letters and then one other learning activity each day, either shape, numbers or colors outside of red green blue and (P)urple.
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of the little ones learning!
It's really exciting to see them learning their letters. I loved the 'mommy' instead of 'M' when asked. You are doing great work! Keep it up.
ReplyDeleteWOW! They are really learning A LOT!!! Way to go! Once a teacher...always a teacher! It's just so much more fun when it's your own kids!
ReplyDeleteGood job N&C!!! We love that alpha set and the boys will ask to play the 'letter game' and I will ask them to go get me a letter.
ReplyDeleteOh, and we LOVE Brown Bear, that has been one of their favorite books for the longest time. They also love Panda Bear and Polar Bear too!!!! I just videoed Eli 'reading' one of them last night and haven't gotten it on the blog yet!
Oh, one more thing, the boys have that same shirt that N has on too!
They are doing great! It's so fun when they learn new things. I thought it was cute too how they said mommy instead of M. I need to pick one of those alphabet things up, but we have a stainless steel fridge so I'll have to find another magnetic place to put it.
ReplyDeleteBrown Bear rocks our world here and L&D just love reading it and making the animal sounds. It's a great one! They don't like the other ones-- Panda Bear or Polar Bear-- as much but I think it's because the animals are much harder! N&C are doing so well with those letters. We have a set like that, so I need to pull it out and practice. ;)
ReplyDelete