We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

12.24.2007

Grandma and Grandpa Velicer's Christmas

The babies were great on the car ride up to G&G Velicer's. They pretty much slept the whole time. We left when it was about 15 min until their naptime so they would just dose off when they were sleepy...and it worked!
On Friday night the babies went in the hot tub (though we turn the temperature down for them). I think they had 1/2 the water on the floor (just kidding).
Look at Celia's expression!


Also they found Grandma's Organ and loved playing gently (they didnt hammer the keys) on the organ.
Grandma Velicer with Nicholas, Celia and Jason


On Saturday Aunt Julie, Cousin Heather and Uncle Dave, Aunt Brenda, and their boys (their cousins) Brian and Matthew also visited. Matthew and Heather entertained Nicholas and Celia by playing with them so nicely. :) They make a nice babysitting team!
Aunt Julie with Celia
Matthew, Heather and Nicholas
Celia was a big flirt with everyone too! She sure knows how and when to use that smile!
We left at about 9:00 Sunday morning to avoid the worst part of a winter storm that was hitting Wisconsin (Yes....ANOTHER winter storm- this is the winter of SNOW). It was slow-moving on for about 45 min due to high winds, blowing snow and black ice. But, after the first 45 min then the roads were better since we were out of the storm.



We had a nice time! And they napped great all the way home too!
The only problem was they cried and cried both nights! We even took out bottles thinking they were thirsty - but that really wasnt the problem. I think they were just so used to their own room that it was different waking up in a new place because the minute we would pick them up they were fine. And there wasnt enough room for them to sleep with us, so they had to sleep in their pack n play's. It was a rough couple nights indeed! Luckily this morning (Monday) they slept until 8am! What a nice gift to Mom and Dad!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a nice trip. And what a nice gift they gave you to sleep in till 8:00 on Monday - I would love a gift like that :). I can't believe how much snow you have to drive through, I'm not sure I could drive like that. I'm glad you guys made it home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful house! Is that hot tub indoors? We have one in the back yeard. I haven't been in it since before I was pregnant:(
    Becareful in that weather!

    ReplyDelete