Aside from being something fun to do, my goal was also to walk and walk and walk in hopes that it helps me go into labor. Normally I honestly wouldn't mind just staying pregnant until it all happens on its own (which will probably still be the case), but this little sweetie needs to make an appearance by friday or saturday in order to be able to fly to Philly for my brother's wedding! Our pediatrician says he should be 2 weeks old to fly.
Anyway.... we had a great time. I felt great walking around and had, I think, like 1 contraction the whole time after a weekend of some more crampy ones (which I was excited about since they are finally feeling like something - I may kick myself later for saying that). LOL
We just packed some PB&J sandwiches and some Gatorade in a backpack, grabbed one umbrella stroller and headed out. N&C pretty much walked the whole time and we used the stroller as a way to carry the backpack unless one of them needed a ride. It was SO simple and nice - and cheap since we have a family Zoo pass as a birthday present from our friend Julie! I think we spent $5 on a small popcorn and a drink as a snack.
We took Nicholas and Celia on the Zoo Train. Nicholas loved it, Celia was very apprehensive (she's been more cautious these days). You can see it in her face in the picture. She wanted to sit on Jason's lap for security - which Daddy loved.




What a wonderful time! "Some Day" that other little one will arrive---I'm ready!
ReplyDeletelooks like a fun day! we were goin to the zoo but the boys woke up begging to go to dollywood instead.
ReplyDeletei wish our zoo had a train!
celia does look like she has really grown!!!
it looks like it is still pretty cool there?
Looks like a fun time! Praying you have a baby by the end of the week!
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice day. It's so wonderful that Nicholas and Celia can be out of the stroller and walk around, that will make things so much easier whenever this new little one makes his appearance. I didn't realize how close you are, sending lots of "go into labor" vibes your way.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun day! Maybe all the walking you did will trigger something this week? I hope so! Both N&C look so tall to me - they have loooooong legs.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a really nice day. Can't believe how tall/big they are both getting.
ReplyDelete