We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

5.13.2009

Play Room

This week I took and swapped some toys in the playroom. Nicholas and Celia have been seeming kind of bored with what has been in there, so I brought up a tub of some toys we put away a couple months ago. Also, I rearranged their playroom furniture a bit. I remember when I was teaching kindergarten that rearranging the room seemed to spark interest in the kids. So, thinking the new baby *may* make an appearance sometime I thought it would be good to get some old toys back out for them. They have really loved the changes. Their playroom is pretty packed with a trampoline, train table, shelf and table, but it works. Once the basement is done, then we'll relocate the playroom to downstairs.




Some of their 2 year old favorites:

Favorite Dvds: Finding Nemo, Baby Signing Time videos
Favorite outdoor toy: red Schwinn trikes, different types of balls
Favorite TV show: Wonder Pets, Go Diego Go, Thomas the Tank Engine
Favorite toys: baby dolls and accessories, baby stroller, Fisher Price school bus, baby magazines, play food, matchbox & cast cars, train track
Favorite Art projects: Q-tip painting (Q-tips as their 'brush' in paint)
Favorite Game: hide & seek with toys, playing 'new baby', wrestling with daddy


New baby is teasing me with his appearance. Tuesday evening I was timing contractions and feeling pressure and backache. Alas,....its wednesday evening with very few contractions. I never thought I'd make it this far in a pregnancy after experiencing preterm labor with Nicholas and Celia since week 22 and delivering them at week 35. Today I've been pregnant 3 weeks longer than I was with them. Only 11 more days until my due date. I'm feeling a bit more uncomfortable now, so maybe he'll be here soon. We're so happy to have a 'full term' newborn, but excited to go through labor and have our new son. Hopefully soon!

7 comments:

  1. Love the colorful room and toys. Obviously they were having a good time. Love the last picture with Celia's legs sticking out from under the train table. She must have been putting her baby to bed. Hope the new one makes his appearance soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like they are enjoyin their playroom! changing out toys always do the trick here too!
    aaron will be here very soon and i can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should do that - I bet it's really nice for them to have a change. We have a lot of the same 2 year old favorites too - especially matchbox cars and train tracks. I hope Aaron makes his appearance really soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll walk up some more hills this weekend :) Nice job on the play room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the list, we share a lot of the same favorites!
    You must be getting uncomfortable and anxious. I can't wait to read the news that you had your little boy! I hope you have your hubby or someone blog or facebook the news:) (please, please, please)
    When I had Zach, he waited til 1 day after my due date! Lil bugger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaron will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh Jill, I didn't know the baby's name yet! So this is for Aaron: Come on little one! I want to meet you in Philly. In fact, all of your Great Aunties want to meet you in Philly!!

    ReplyDelete