We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

5.06.2009

Shaving Creme Fun

Last week I sat down and made a list of toddler activities that I remembered from my early childhood education degree and teaching years (scaled down kindergarten activities too). I also looked on-line for some ideas. Some days I have little energy, so they end up watching a couple shows they like or playing with each other. Sometimes it feels like I've wasted the day and I could've been teaching them something. So, with the list of ideas posted on the fridge it kind of gives me a 'bag of tricks' to pull out when I need something to do with them. Also, I was thinking when the baby is born, I can do these little activities with them a few times in a day to keep them from being bored.
This day I took shaving creme and sprayed it on the table. They get to use their fingers and hands to spread it all over and use scrapers and other little tools to 'write' in the shaving creme. Note to moms/dads - don't use menthol shaving creme cause if it gets in their eyes it may hurt. :)
They had a nice time playing and it really isn't a big mess to clean up - it wipes nicely with warm water.

5 comments:

  1. That looks fun and messy! Did they try to eat it at all? Does it make your table cleaner afterwards? Maybe I should do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are brave to have them make such a mess but it sure looks like they loved it! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bet they had a blast! I know my Kindergarteners/preschoolers used to just love it. Tell them Grandma does not have any shaving cream on her table! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like fun jill! but messy...guess its just way to get the table nice and clean though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We always did this at the end of the school year to get the kids' desks clean! But they love every second of it. Did they try to eat it?

    ReplyDelete