We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

1.13.2009

Have I stooped to a new low?


The last 2 days I've been craving chocolate. Chocolate with substance. A hot chocolate might help, but I've been wanting something like chocolate cake or a chocolate blizzard. Tonight we had salmon and sauteed fresh (well. . . frozen fresh) green beans. Even Nicholas and Celia ate the salmon and green beans! Anyway, I ate a good dinner but chocolate was still calling my name.
Since its pretty cold out, I didn't feel like running to Dairy Queen. So..... I ate the chocolate ice cream I bought for Nicholas and Celia' s birthday party (sorry kids). Not all of it. But, I have a feeling it will need to be replaced by sunday. I'm trying not to gain a lot of weight with this little guy, but its a serious need for chocolate.
The good thing is the baby liked it. He kicked for seriously a 1/2 hour while we watched 'The Biggest Loser' (as I am eating ice cream with crumbled chocolate chip cookie on top). I promise I'll loose the weight after he is born. :) Poor lil guy is tuckered out now and sleeping.

10 comments:

  1. You keep saying "he" ... is it a boy? lol

    Love,
    Your cousin in Florida (Chris and Connie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny. Unfortunately, I've never been pregnant (or maybe fortunately) and understand totally that craving for chocolate. As your Uncle Mike would say, it's his (and I think all of the Walraven family's) favorite source of protein :-) I surely don't worry that you will gain too much weight. Good thing the grocery store sells replacement ice cream. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for it! Just like Joanna's...I want Baby Velicer to be a big fatty too! No premies this time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha! This is so funny and at least you are craving a "luxury food" and not something really strange, like celery. Wait, didn't you crave that with N&C?

    And we need more details on the big #2 party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill, I always eat junk food while I'm watching that show! Sympathy snacks or something. And for the chocolate, I usually have a bag of chocolate chips in the cupboard, and they're not for baking :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry, eat chocolate is not too bad. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmmm, chocolate. I think you should enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmmm, now you have me craving chocolate! I say go for it too. This little baby is just enjoying N&C's bday ice cream early :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM! No better time than when you are pregnant to eat what you like:) Eat up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you're funny. I laughed right out loud when I read about the birthday icecream! Go for it...you won't always habe this excuse!

    ReplyDelete