We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

1.29.2009

Another trip to the Dr...

This morning Nicholas seemed warm to me. I tried taking his temperature under-arm and before he wiped my hand away it was at 99. So a low grade temp at least. He was very sad and wasn't eating breakfast and hardly ate lunch. Kind of the same behavior as Celia. Their pediatrician doesn't work on Friday's, so I called and got him in this afternoon. After his nap and some motrin he seemed a little better and I even contemplated canceling the appointment, but took him anyway. Good thing I did because the little guy has pneumonia! I was really surprised. His ears were completely fine, but he had a lot of cracks and pops in his lungs. The pediatrician lent me his cleaned stethoscope and had me listen to what he was hearing. It sounded like crinkly paper when he took breaths. And he was also breathing more rapidly. So, we had extra amoxicillin from Celia and we've started him on that. Lets hope he doesn't have any reaction like Celia. Its unlikely though. If he isn't feeling better on Saturday I will take him back in. I'll be happy when this cold, ear infection and pneumonia is over!

5 comments:

  1. awwww. our poor Nicholas is really sick! Grandma will have to come over and see him tomorrow (he should already be in bed now). It's such a good thing you took him in! Give them both kisses for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gosh Jill! I hope they both feel better soon!! We'll be saying extra prayers for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor N. :( Poor C too....
    I hope everyone is feeling better soon. You guys are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. So glad you took him in. Hope they are both feeling better real soon and that you don't get it! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tag! :)http://tatertotmarch.blogspot.com/2009/01/photo-tag-game-flashback-friday-combo.html

    ReplyDelete