A few weeks ago Grandma Maus came over and she mentioned bring the snow inside to Nicholas and Celia. Last year I would put some snow on their highchair trays and let them play with it, but we hadn't yet brought in any snow this year. Grandma Maus and I both were kindergarten teachers, so we were game for the mess. ha ha
We put some towels on the table and Grandma filled some big bowls with snow. Then we put some drops of food coloring in the snow for some fun. I think we got a bit food coloring happy cause we had lots of melted colors on the floor here/there. :) But, it cleaned up easily so it was fine.
Nicholas and Celia played nicely with their snow using spoons, bowls, playdough toys and their hands. I would say they played for maybe 30 minutes with the snow?
3.11.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Looks like fun. Glad that kids enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteThat is such a cool idea. You need to give me more ideas of activities for Toddlers. You are so creative. Austin is at that age where I have to entertain him all day every day. I am running out of ideas. lol
ReplyDeleteYou need to teach them not to eat "yellow" snow while you are on the colored snow issue.
ReplyDeleteHow fun! We did this a while back when we had our one big snow and the boys had a blast, but I didn't think of putting food coloring in it!
ReplyDeleteSo funny that Celia said No when you asked her if she ate the snow! Busted!! heehee!!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! I wish we had snow just so we could do that. Good idea on the food coloring, I bet that was really fun for them to play with.
ReplyDeleteSorry, Celia, but it's written all over your face (literally) that you really DID eat snow. he he he! ;)
ReplyDelete