We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

11.04.2008

Happy 10 years!!


Jill and Jason - first real date (pic taken in Jill's dorm room at College)
November 9, 1998


Wayyyy back on november 3, 1998 I was dragged to a fraternity party by one of my dorm roommates. I was settled to drink tea and read for the night, but supposedly as a freshman in college that wasn't much of an option. Right when we walked into the party (and I'm not a party person) I met Jason. He was one of the fraternity members and he had asked my friend and I if we wanted to hang our coats up. And then we started talking and ended up talking most of the night. The next day, on November 4th 1998 he asked me if we could start dating. I remember he walked me to chemistry class and asked if we could date. I said "sure" and when I got to class I told my friend Julie (who I am lucky to still be such great friends with), "I think I have a boyfriend? And I'm not sure what his last name is?" ha ha
So on November 4th every year we celebrate us becoming a couple. This November 4th is our 10th year together. Time sure does go fast in retrospect.
This picture was taken maybe on about November 9, 1998 when he took me out to dinner for my 18th birthday (my actual birthday isn't until November 10th). He bought me 18 roses and took me to a Italian restaurant. Then we went to see Lethal Weapon 4 (real romantic, right?). ha ha
Happy 10th anniversary honey! Who would've thought in 10 years we would have twin toddlers!?? It's true your love grows for each other the longer you're together. :)

8 comments:

  1. aw, that is so sweet!!! I love that picture and that story!!!!!!
    Happy Anniversary!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a sweet story of how you met. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! What a sweet story and such a great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! That's pretty neat to celebrate two anniversaries - the day you met and the day you married. You guys look like such youngin's in that picture :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy "Anniversary". You didn't go into great detail about the "tea" that night. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at those hot legs, mama! ;) What a sweet story, though-- have a very Happy Anniversary and Birthday, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your story! Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday! Brian and I will celebrate our 10 year first date this coming July. :)

    ReplyDelete