
There is a radio station out of Milwaukee that started to play Christmas music on Halloween. I agree - pretty early. Most people I've talked to say its way to early and we are skipping Thanksgiving. However, lately every time I am in the car you are most likely to hear that Christmas station on (don't hate me).
When I was on bedrest with the twins I knew if I made it to 32 weeks (which was about Christmas) that they would be okay. So I was basically counting down to Christmas with that in mind - that Nicholas and Celia would make it. So, maybe sub-consciously thats why I am really into Christmas music more in the last 2 years than I ever have been.
So, thats my confession. Its already Christmas in the Velicer house. We've been singing christmas carols already. I think N&C know Jingle Bells pretty well.




I felt the same way on bedrest, but I was at around 30 weeks at Christmas. Talk about the best Christmas ever - to still be pregnant! I love Christmas carols :).
ReplyDeleteEven though we are focused on Thanksgiving, I welcome Christmas music early! Once Thanksgiving is over, Christmas is so rushed! I am sad every year when it is over. If I had a local station playing Christmas music, I would listen:)
ReplyDeleteOh the carols! Gotta get those cd's out, I love Christmas songs. I have been teaching them "santa" the funny thing is when they say it, it sounds like "dada"....I guess they are right in a way!
ReplyDeleteDon't apologize... Christmas is a celebration of love ... Enjoy and sing along.
ReplyDeleteI will never forget that Christmas either. I was only 22 weeks along, but already on bedrest for 8 weeks. Darrell got us a honey baked ham (mmmmmm) and we literally had Christmas dinner in bed. But I did sneak downstairs to take a photo by our tree!
ReplyDelete