We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

11.12.2008

New OB for me

After much thought I have actually switched to a new OB for this pregnancy. Those of you who know me well know that I have a great relationship with Dr. Schell. She was my fertility Dr with nicholas and Celia and also got me through a long bedrest and delivered our children safely. She brought me clothes for them, a pie when I was on bedrest, a stocking with candy on bedrest, she called me on vacation when I was on bedrest (from California to see how I was doing). She was/is great. However, it is a much different story now that I have twin toddlers. I would call to make an appointment and from now on out, I will need to bring Nicholas and Celia with me because I can't get a late enough appointment to have a sitter for them. Grandma works, Jason needs to work, and the girl we would have watch them is still in school. And as I get along farther I will need weekly progesterone shots, and eventually 1-2x a week NSTs (which can take 45 min) to monitor the baby.
2 weeks ago I had a newborn session (see my photo blog if interested) and the mother is a Physician's Assistant to an OB in our town. She asked me who my Dr was and then she just raved about Dr. Shireen Jayne (who she works with and also delivered her new baby). So, this week I emailed the mom about the Dr and with my concerns and history. It seems Dr. Jayne has a great bedside manner, is skilled, smart, knowledgeable about high-risk OB, and works with a perinatologist (specialist OB) in our local hospital. The new Dr is about 12 minutes from our home (or maybe 20 minutes at her 2nd location). Compared to a 50 minute drive to my other Dr.
The hospital I delivered the twins at was very nice. I really liked it there. It was like a spa. ha ha
The local hospital is not as spa-like, but I've heard quite a few women say they liked their birthing experience at our local hospital. This hospital delivers babies 36 weeks and greater. I'm pretty confident we'll get past 36 weeks.
So, thats my news for today. I have my perinatologist appointment next friday (21st) and I am praying everything looks normal and great. Then I will transfer the peri records to the new Dr as well. So please keep praying for me and the new baby. I really appreciate it.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure that was a very thoughtful and difficult decision to switch from Dr. Schell. She is a very knowledgeable doctor but with your pregnancy already going so well, hopefully you won't need any intensive care like you had with the twins. I know I liked how Dr. Schell would do so many ultrasounds to check on the baby. Unfortunately most doctors only do 2-3 the entire pregnancy. Have you considered posting online that you are searching for a sitter and interviewing college students or SAHM to help with the twins while you have your appts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the switch works out good for you. I have to say that first doctor sounds like a dream, you don't find too many doctors like that these days. But hopefully this new one will do the same for you and it will all work out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the switch is smooth and a perfect match! I'll keep you and baby in my prayers! :)

    ReplyDelete