We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

5.28.2008

Celia's constant surprise

Just a silly video of how Celia reacts when you blow air on her face. She just thinks it is so funny. She acts surprised every time.


Today my friend called me up and asked if we wanted to join her and her girls to the Zoo. So we broke routine and left the house at 11pm. They napped for the 45 min drive and then we ate at the zoo and walked around and looked at all the animals. They were very good. It was the first time I have taken them to the zoo alone. The last hour or so I carried Nicholas on my back in the Ergo carrier since he was getting a bit restless in the stroller. Then I carried Celia (with Nicholas still on my back) in the Primate house so she could see the Gorilla and various monkeys. There was one older couple (looked like Grandparents with their grandbaby) who kind of smiled at me when I was carrying my twins and pushing a double stroller. I can imagine they were thinking "why does she even bring a stroller?"
We left the zoo at 2:30 and they both napped on the ride home. It was a nice outing - something different from the normal day.
Tonight was cute at bedtime. They had their bath and then I said "Come on guys. Its time for the night night books" and they followed me to their room like little ducklings following the mommy duck. They have a big pile of board books in their room and usually I pick a couple (but Time for Bed is always one of them). But today I told them to pick some books and they each picked two (Celia grabbed Time for Bed and Goodnight Moon, Nicholas picked Opposites and Angel Babies). They were great listeners and it was neat that they chose their books. I just really like ending the day with reading to them. Nicholas likes to take a book in his bed with him and read it before he goes to sleep (even though its pretty dim in there with the shade and curtains drawn and lights out). I can picture him reading late at night when he is older.

7 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 28, 2008

    You are molding very good habits. Reading books should be an extremely relaxful time---but you know that (teacher!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a fun, spur of the moment sort of day Jill. I think days like that are fun. I have been wanting to take K&B to the zoo but haven't been brave enough to go by myself. Maybe it won't be that bad? It sounds like they still got a good enough nap in the car. That is very cute about them following you into the room to read, I can just picture it. Nicholas & Kat will be the kids reading late at night with their flashlights when they are really suppose to be sleeping - lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the video...must be a toddler thing because both my boys do this too! When the wind blows, they get too close to the fan, or they put their face over the ball popper they do this, laugh, and gasp for air. *L* Glad the zoo trip was a success. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a great time at the zoo. I bet it felt nice to break out of your normal routine. :)

    I think it's great that you read to N & C before bedtime. Jamison CAN'T fall asleep unless he reads for a bit first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great day Jill! I love taking my boys to the zoo, its a really nice outing and something different!!!! We only have a 15 min drive though!!!! :) Glad you had fun and I can only imagine the looks you got while carrying them both and pushing the stroller! Super mom you are!!!!!!

    Cute video! My boys love that too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's cute how she catches her breath after you blow on her face! My boys do that too...it's funny! Glad you guys had fun at the zoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Little duckies. That's so cute! Don't you just love it when they pick out books! It's like they are so proud and so much more interested because they picked it.
    Did you know that's how you teach babies to hold their breath for swimming lessons? Blow in their face and dunk their head.

    ReplyDelete