We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

5.26.2008

Memorial Day Weekend

Saturday we took a long overdue trip to Jason's parents home near Green Bay. They have such a nice home right on the Bay. Nicholas and Celia had a great time and were fabulous eaters. The rough time was sleeping. They are so picky about where they sleep. Saturday night was rough for all of us. We are still glad we went though. With time I think they will get used to sleeping elsewhere. During Saturday night there were a few times where I would try to let them cry back to sleep and figure out they were safe. Other times it was necessary to comfort them. One time about 11:30/midnight Celia woke up crying. I tried to let her go back to sleep on her own, but soon she started saying "momma Momma". So of course I couldn't resist that. I tried to see if she would sleep with us. She kept kissing me (with her Nuk in her mouth) and touching my face and hair like "is that really you mommy?" (in the dark). She would snuggle against me like she was going to go to sleep, and then pop up and sit. Soon it was evident she wanted to play, so she went back in her bed. Then at about 5am Nicholas woke crying. I brought him to bed and caressed his cheeks and head until he fell asleep and he slept with us until Celia woke at 7am. So, some sweet memories out of a rough nights sleep, anyway. :)
Here they are on the beach in front of Grandma and Grandpa V's house (and their home).



Today was so warm! I think it was in the low 80's! Humid but with some wind too. In the morning we went to the bike trail with the bikes and the trailer for the kids. 5 minutes into the bike ride I look at Celia (Jason was pulling them) and she is slumped over on Nicholas' shoulder. I had Jason stop cause I was worried because she had just been awake. I said "Celia" and she sat up all groggy. She had fallen asleep on Nicholas' shoulder! She was so exhausted! Shortly after that Nicholas fell asleep as well. They were hunched on each other. Of course- no camera!
Later this afternoon it was so warm we got the baby pool out and filled it with warm water from the kitchen sink. They had a good time splashing and climbing in and out. Needless to say, they were pretty exhausted by this evening. The other Grandma and Grandpa M came over for dinner. We had grilled hot dogs, brats, corn on the cob, coleslaw and potatoes. Yummy. Nicholas and Celia had fun trying out the corn on the cob (Corn is one of Celia's ultimate favs lately).
Oh my gosh! My hands are all pruney!
Finally! The pool all to myself! It takes a lot of work to keep up this tan!
If Mommy sees how big my cheeks are, she will kiss them.
(p.s. when he walks, his cheeks jiggle)
I tried to tell mom and dad, this all the rage with European babies! A baby thong swim diaper!

7 comments:

  1. What a nice house, right on the water! I'm glad you guys were able to enjoy at least one night there. It's so hard at this age. And cute pictures of them swimming, I love the baby thong - lol :). I was laughing at the video. I thought it was cute that Celia gave up the push car for Nicholas but then went pack to kiss/push him. That was funny! I think we have similar posts, it sounds like we had the same sort of day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a good weekend. Your lilacs look wonderful... they do smell the best! Cute pics and video. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "identical birds"!!! Looks like they were having a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice!! I would have gone to Grandma and Grandpa V's house for Mem day too! Right on the beach.
    Sorry you had such a sleepless night:(
    It was a great Memorial Day weekend! Great weather everywhere:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, thats a great house right on the beach!! I would love that!
    Love the pic of them swimming too, looks like they had a blast...we need to get ours out too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pic of Nicholas and Celia in the jackets!! Identical birds -- lol. Glad you had a good weekend, other than the sleepless night. The color in the pics your taking with the new camera is just incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those jackets, they are really cute!!
    Sounds like you guys had a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete