We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

5.14.2008

Speaking more! And Copy Cats!

I am so excited to hear Nicholas and Celia starting to sign and talk more. I read that signing helps with verbal development and I think it is definitely true. My initial worry with signs was that it replaces speech, but that is not the case at all. Celia started saying 'hi baby' yesterday and then that evening Nicholas started saying "hi kitty". :) Its SO cute in their little voices. I will try to catch them on video sometime soon. While I was reading to them tonight I got to the end of "time for Bed" and it shows a little girl going to sleep- And then Nicholas signed 'sleep'! Its SO cool!!! If you want to do baby signs and your child is under 2 and 1/2 you still have lots of time!!!

Nicholas signs: sleep, eat, drink, bird, fan, dog, frog, milk, thank you, more, hurt, diaper, potty, hat, wash hands, book
speaks: mama, dada, kitty, ish (fish), hi

Celia signs: eat, drink, frog, bird, lights, dog, diaper, hat, baby, brush teeth,
Speaks: mama, dada, duck, baby, hi

On another note, I tried to catch them playing copy cat in their highchairs. It is hilarious how the second Celia does something (and lately its been Nicholas copying Celia), then Nicholas does it. This is them eating oatmeal for breakfast. They usually copy each other even
more than this video...


These are some photos I took tonight of an old train station in West Bend which is now along a paved walk (walk was the train tracks in the past).


6 comments:

  1. Aside from the copying which is so cute, I am SO impressed with how well they eat with a spoon. They both did a great job and didn't even try to throw their bowls overboard like mine do. Also, do you still have them sitting on something in their chairs? They seems so tall in them compared to mine.

    I like your pictures ofo the old train station, my favorite is the one on a angle with the vibrant green grass (?) in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's awesome that they can do so many signs!

    I loved the video, jamison and logan watched it with me and they loved it too!!! your kiddos are doing really well with self-feeding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. caroline has exploded in the language area as well! she is picking up the signs pretty quickly and imitating our words. isn't it fun?!

    i love the train station pics. what yummy light! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What are they eating Jill? I was impressed with how well they are doing with the spoon! Somedays we do great, somedays we just play!

    I think its great that they are signing and speaking more! Isn't it exciting? My boys just as I was reading your post signed 'grandpa' for the first time! I was talking to my dad (PopPop) too, so he thought it was great!

    Love the train pics! very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for the signing!! And those photos are amazing-- you are really talented and creative. But as for the copying-- don't you just hate that cup thrown on the floor bit? Ughhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am impressed with how well they eat with bowls and spoons! When should I introduce plates and bowls? I either spoon feed or put the food on their trays.

    Beautiful pictures of the train station!

    ReplyDelete