
Normally when N&C poop in their diaper I have been showing them "look here is your poopie" and then they follow me in to the bathroom where I spray the poop into the toilet (since they are cloth diapers). Then we all wave bye-bye to the poop circling down the toilet.
Sunday I bought a little potty (Baby Bjorn) because Nicholas poops in the bathtub all the time. Last night I showed him and Celia the little potty and told them that poopie and pee-pee go in there.
Well this afternoon he started tooting in his pants and I said "Nicholas are you going to go poo-poo"?
He almost ran to the bathroom and pointed at the potty so just to encourage him I took him to the toilet and sat him down, but he didn't want to go that far. So I dressed him again and he went to play.
Then 20 min later I catch him going through the cloth diaper pail (dirty diapers) and he was taking the ones that had been poop diapers (now washed off, but you can see the skid marks) to the bathroom.
I am NOT going to push the toilet training since I want to wait until they are for sure ready, but I thought it was neat that he is figuring this out. Albeit gross and it called for a major hand washing when I saw him "playing" with poopy diapers!
I've heard letting them sit on the potty with clothes on so I put the potty in the livingroom for them to "play" with (it's clean) so they get used to it. A fellow twin mom also mentioned letting stuffed animals sit on the potty too. So now we have a new place to sit in the livingroom. :)
Tonight at bath time I had the little potty out just in case. Nicholas hadn't gone poop all day so I knew it was bound to happen in the bath tub. Well, I pulled Celia out to dry her off and when I turned around to grab Nicholas out, guess what has joined him in the water! His little brown masterpiece was in there with him. I missed the opportunity! I think he is getting smart about how to go quietly so that he doesn't have to get transitioned to the potty! Sneaky boy! lol




It's neat to see him making that connection, although I'm sure there are months and months ahead of dirty diapers! Who knows???
ReplyDeleteIn a couple of months you can put out a vote to see who will be potty trained first.
Cute little potty! I'm so not mentally there yet to think about the potty, but I'm sure it will creep up on us and before we know it they will be potty trained. I've heard that girls learn faster than boys so we'll see if that's true!
ReplyDeleteThats great that he is making the connection!!! Keep us updated! I don't think I am ready to go down that road yet, but it will be here before we know it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a smart guy! But sneeky too! *L* So funny! Nock on wood we've never had a masterpiece appear in the tub....fingers crossed it stays that way!! I'd probably faint! LMAO!
ReplyDeleteLOL! Funny. Those are all good ideas. I dread potty training. Cute seat!
ReplyDelete