We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

6.14.2008

99 sippy cups up on the table


99 Sippy Cups up on the Table
99 Sippy Cups
Take one down, throw it on the ground
98 sippy cups up on the table


Whew! I went from nothing to blog, to perhaps having to space out everything I want to blog over a few days!
This morning we were out of the house at 8:25AM to go to 'Breakfast on the Farm'. A local farm serves all-you-can-eat pancakes, sausage, eggs, applesauce and milk for $6.00/each adult (the twins were free). So, thinking it was a quaint little farm we headed out for breakfast. Well. So, we have to park at a trucking place and be bused into the farm. It was nuts. HUNDREDS of people were in line to take a school bus. And then they really didn't plan their busing well at all. We were lucky and only waited 10 min for a bus, but there were people waiting at least 45 min, if not more. Once we got to the farm we were able to eat pretty quickly. N&C liked the pancakes and sausage the best. Afterwards we went and saw some mean cows. I didn't think cows could be mean, but these cows were quite afraid of people and seemed kind of grumpy. Oh well.
So then we saw some 4-H animals. The babies really liked petting the horse, baby chicks, and goat. They also saw piggies, ducklings and some kittens. We were home by about 11:00. In time for lunch and getting N&C to nap.
After they woke up I made them little toddler pillowcases. I bought a couple small pillows in the sewing/craft area and some fabric. N&C were with me and they both really liked the duck fabric. Nicholas started quacking when he saw the ducks, so I knew that was the one. It clashes pretty bad with their zoo bedding in their cribs, but, oh well. :)
I took a bunch of the stuffing out so they wouldn't be so puffy for their little necks and then sewed 4 pillowcases. They both seem to like them.

Tonight, I took an idea from a blogger friend Jenny (March Twins) and brought the umbrella stroller in the house for N&C to push around. They sure had fun. I am having so much fun helping them learn to play 'pretend'. They will pretend to be babies (lol) and let me feed them pretend food (like they weren't JUST babies themselves, now they are pretending to be!). They won't let me feed them anymore, but only when we play babies. ha ha
But tonight we got out the pretend baby and pushed it around and fed it. I just had to laugh so hard at Celia feeding the baby and Nicholas kissing his baby.




During our taco dinner tonight, N&C had blueberries at the end. They LOVE blueberries. So, when they want more I usually say "More please?". Nicholas will sign 'more' and most times I have to help Celia sign "more" (I think shes just being a bit stubborn about signing it, because I know she COULD do it). Anyway, tonight I said to her, "More please" and she signed "please"! Not 'more' like I have been getting her to do, but 'please'. Of course, I think its so cute! Although I think she has some of momma's stubborness (this seems to be a trait that runs in my side of the family, ha ha). :wink:



I'll save my other videos for another time!

4 comments:

  1. Cute pillows Jill! I like how they are on the flat side, I think when we get around to using pillows that I'm going to go for a flatter one. What a busy day you guys had today. I bet the kids just loved all the animals. I love how N&C sign please. I have been working on saying thank you a lot, but I keep forgetting about please. I need to add that in! And I had to laugh at Celia feeding and giving a drink to the baby doll, that was hilarious. And cute that she snuck in a bite for herself :). I hope that Jason has a great father's day tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute videos and looks like they had fun with the stroller. :) I laughed out loud when Celia gave the baby a drink...looked like an oxygen mask! So funny and very, very cute! :) Happy Father's Day Jason!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you all had fun! The breakfast at the farm sounds great!
    Love them playing pretend! The boys just started doing this with their Curious George stuffed animal over the last week too! Its precious! And I just love the signing please! Thats Eli's favorite sign these days and he says 'peas' and it just melts my heart!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These videos are great! They are getting so big and are pretending so well. I cracked up at the 99 sippy cups part-- you know that has been our theme song for months. Every time I hear that cup hit the floor-- it sends chills down my spine. I have never heard of mean cows either-- be careful of Mad Cow Disease! ;)

    ReplyDelete