We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

6.04.2008

Starting to Mimic

All of a sudden, I am seeing big language growth in N&C in the last week or two, but in different ways. Nicholas signs a lot, but Celia signs only a little (although she did 3 new signs this week: ball, car, more) but she also tries to mimic my speech constantly and she has her own baby language now where she must think she is really talking.


Quite interesting to me about how children, even in the same environment, follow their own developmental course. There is the boy/girl difference as well too. Over the weekend she said "outside" a couple times and then last night we said "hip hip horrah!" for Daddy's new job and at the end she threw her hand up and said "horray". Wish we caught that on video!

Tonight at dinner Celia started hiding in her shirt. Too cute. As a side note, we had salmon burgers and they devoured them! I thought I was going to have to make a PB&J in case they didn't like it, but they ate it up right away :) Please excuse the loud TV in the background, its not always like that.

7 comments:

  1. I love just watching them hang out and do their everyday normal stuff. I like looking through that window because all I see are my two every day! Celia has the cutest little girl voice, I love it :). She is getting SO big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I think Jake and Celia speak the same language! We just took the covers off of our Space Savers too thanks to Zack throwing up his dinner last night....we've decided to try it without for a little while. They look bald but I'm sure clean up will be much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How precious. Don't you wish you knew what she was saying? Suppose you will real soon... they are getting close to talking.

    Now what about Jason's new job???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Celia is so cute!! I love "toddler" language:)
    It is fascinating to see the difference in boys and girls. They are very different!! I am so sorry I didn't get the twins magazine out to you with the article.. and now I can't find it:( I am a disorganized mess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so cute! I love the baby babble too...they have so much to say!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just went to play the video of Celia doing peek a boo in her shirt. I thought S&C were sleeping. Well, I had the volume up too loud when you started to say "where's Celia" and I heard the biggest giggle come from Summer. She's just a giggling away in her crib so I peek in and she's got her hands over her face and then takes them off real quick (like when we do "Where's Summer?") and then she just laughs and laughs. You got her going!

    Summer's started talking in the rythym of language with the cutest cadence, like she thinks she's talking just like Celia, isn't that just the sweetest!

    Don't girls vocalize more even at this young age? Do you notice Nicholas doing it? Chase doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's adorable and knows just what she's talking about, huh? So cute! Yeah, tell us about Jason's new job, too.

    ReplyDelete