We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

6.10.2008

Flooding

Above from this Milwaukee Journal Article

Wisconsin has had too much rain lately. Some Dams are breaking and lakes are cresting. One large man-made lake near Wisconsin Dells, Lake Delton, crested and ran into a nearby river and completely drained! And there is another lake north of us which may do the same thing. Luckily our home is more on a hill and not effected by the rain, but nearby near the Milwaukee River there is flooding and sand bags. I took N&C on a bike ride on the trail that goes through town this afternoon and the Milwaukee River is the highest I've ever seen it. It is close to all the downtown buildings. Some have started putting sand bags to keep the water out. I meant to take my camera, but guess what I forgot??? The funny thing is lately I have forgotten my new camera to things like the zoo, family outings, etc and Jason and I get frustrated. So, Jason said to me, "From now on you bring your camera everywhere. You have 3 children now and the youngest is named 'Canon'". lol

The above photo is from this article. (see the people walking on the lake bed)
This photo is taken from this article. (the man is holding a catfish that was on the bottom of the lake)

5 comments:

  1. That's really sad, I can't imagine having that happen to our house. How horrible. And I forget my camera a lot lately too. You'd think we'd be glued to it by the way we take pictures, but with two babies to get ready to get out the door it's easy to forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sad Jill! I saw this on the news and meant to ask you if it was close to you. That is just devastating.

    I keep my older, smaller camera in my diaper bag at all times, that way if I am out and something cute happens I have a camera! But if we are going somewhere that I know I will want picture then I take my better camera!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sad. It's so strange when it happens so close to home isn't it? That's great that you go on such long bike rides. Do y'all have sidewalks most everywhere or how do you travel? That sounds like a great way to excersise and awesome for the tots too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!! The weather and temperature changes are so scary to me.

    Say hi to little Canon for me! LOL

    ReplyDelete