6.09.2008
Some new skills
*p.s. the pic of Nicholas bowing to the ground - I think he was trying to kiss an Ant.
So much to write! I try to think all day, "I should blog that" but then I get to my computer screen and look at it, thinking "what should I write" ha.
Anyway, some new things the babies (I should call them Toddlers, I guess) are doing:
1. They have been coming and laying down for diaper changes on their own. Usually they are fighting me lately when I try to lay them down myself. But this weekend Celia came when I said "come lay down to change your diaper" and laid down all by herself. Nicholas saw her and copied her. So, the last few days they have been doing this. Could be a short-lived thing, but I'm hoping not. Please don't think there is any magic going on here because I still have squirmy worms trying to reach for every toy just out of arms reach while they are changed. I must say over and over "please! Just lay still for 2 seconds!" ha ha
2. They have learned "up" and "down". So when I say "go down" they squat, and then I say "go up" and they stand up. It was funny this afternoon cause I said that and they did it in unison. Nicholas will also make circles when you say "do a circle". Here they are playing together tonight behind their curtain, and then Nicholas does his circle, and up and down (Celia can do up/down too, but didn't that time).
3. When Celia was a baby she LOVED sliced avocados. I haven't bought them in a while and they were on-sale this week so I bought two. So for snack I tried giving them sliced avocado and they loved it. They ate 1 and a half avocados for snack. I will have to look into some recipes with avocado, I guess.
They played outside a long time tonight (walking around Grandma and Grandpa's backyard) and we got home long after normal dinner time. So I warmed them up Vegetable Soup (the Campbells alphabet soup) and they loved it. Thank goodness for an easy meal. The planned Spaghetti and Garlic Bread will wait for tomorrow.
Ta Ta! Have a great night :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






The videos are so cute!! I love seeing them play together!
ReplyDeleteWhat cute pictures, I really like the one of Nicholas & grandma, that one is precious :). I love it when they learn new things that make it easier on mom! That was too cute having them both come and lay down. I need to teach my two that!
ReplyDeleteBTW, are they wearing socks with their sandals? I think we are almost grown out of ours...
Love the pictures and them coming to lay down! How great is that!?! I still use a changing table because it hurts to get down on the ground with my bad hips. :( I'll have to put a ladder next to the table and teach them to climb it and lay down on their own...*L* Yeah right!
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures and video and stories. You do such a great job of writing and capturing the moment in your pictures! I'm thinking I may need to plan a weekend in Wisconsin yet this summer. They are growing so fast.
ReplyDeleteLove the vidoes!! How great that they just come and lay down!!!! We need to work on that!
ReplyDeleteThe close up picture of Celia could win an award! I love the jungle picture of Nicholas too!
ReplyDelete