We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

6.17.2008

Our day at the Zoo


We had a fun day at the zoo! We were supposed to go camping sunday through tuesday (today), but with the flooding, that was canceled. So, Jason still took the 2 days off. Today we went to the Milwaukee Zoo. I think it is our 4th time this season already.
N&C were very good! They just were content to be in the stroller and we would get them out here/there to see animals better. We stopped for lunch at a food pavilion. We had packed them their lunches (PB&J, string cheese, pasta salad, and a peanut butter cookie). Jason and I had picked up subs on our way so we had those (saved money because food at the zoo is pricey).
On our way towards the exit, we stopped at the goats. I wasn't sure how N&C would feel running around with goats (some smaller children were crying because they were scared of the goats), but N&C LOVED it. They were running to pet every goat individually. They both fed the goats a couple pieces of food and they both giggled. The only crummy part was Nicholas was running through the area (you know how toddlers don't watch where they are going) and a little boy was also running without looking and they crashed. Poor Nicholas was the smallest so he fell back and hit his head on the pavement. He cried and cried. There wasn't a bump and soon he wanted down to pet the goats again. The mom of the other boy brought her son over to apologize. I knew it was an accident, but I think she was teaching her son to apologize. She said her son was 3 years old and he looks bigger than his age (he looked like the height of a 6 or 7 year old!). That was nice of the mom to have her son apologize though. :) Not that Nicholas even knew who he ran into.


Look at Nicholas' eyes in the next picture, if you can (click on the photo to enlarge):

Nicholas LOVES toy cars. We haven't bought him the little match cars (in case of choking on small parts), but he has some larger toy cars he just adores. The first thing he does in the morning is walk to his car bin and start driving them. Its so cute. One of his cars broke, so we may need to go look for another (another one's wheels are broken too).
Tonight he decided to try to wrestle with Celia. They were both standing and he grabbed her around the shoulders and tried playing with her like little boys like to do. She started whining (a fair warning) and he didn't stop (he wasn't hurting her). So she pushed him so hard that he landed on his back. He was startled and started crying. It was slightly comical, but I felt bad for him since he was trying to play with her. But then again, she stood her ground. So, I hugged Nicholas and consoled him and tried to explain to Celia that she had hurt him when she pushed. I guess this will be the boy/girl twin area that could be challenging.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful day at the zoo. So... was N watching Daddy to make sure he wasn't going to scare the goat or take the food or what? Love those shifty eyes:)
    Really cute pics again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had a great time! Love the pics. I hope we can start back going to the zoo after my next surgery!!!!
    The boys are really getting in to cars too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was cracking up at Nicholas' eyes. That's the kind of picture you can add a caption to - ha ha. That is so neat they got to run around and pet the goats, I don't think our zoo does that. That stinks about your camping trip, but I'm glad that you guys got to do something fun still. I hope you can still go because that will probably be a lot of fun for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a perfect day for the zoo!!
    Brandon and Faith are always at eachother lately. One will be playful while the other gets mad and pushes or something. Fighting over the same toy is another issue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun day at the zoo! It's not every day you get to pet a goat!! We don't have a zoo and it bums me out.
    I think it might be challenging when Celia makes Nicholoas play dress up and make up or wants him to sit and be her student while they play school - AGAIN or wants to play telephone for the 700th time today.... LOL!

    ReplyDelete