
Today the babies and myself were busy! We left the house at 9:15am and drove to the Coast Guard station at the Port of Milwaukee (about an hour drive) to pick up a playhut I bought from someone on Craig's List. The husband worked at the Coast Guard. Normally, I wouldn't go pick something up like that myself, but since it was the Coast Guard I felt fine. It was very foggy on our drive there.
Since I was in Milwaukee, we stopped by my old school that I taught at before I left on bedrest. It was nice to visit with my old colleagues. It was funny because Nicholas was the outgoing one and Celia just wanted me to hold her (not their typical order). Nicholas loved the kindergarten classroom so much. He was rushing all over the room trying to play with the kids. I declined my contract offer as well, so it means I am done at that school district. It was kind of a sad moment because I did enjoy it there. However, I enjoy being home with N&C more and they grow so fast. Since we have the blessing to be able to stay home, then I am happy to take this opportunity to be there with them all day, every day. Still a closing of one chapter in my life for now, so a little sad.
I fed N&C a PB&J in the staff lounge and then changed their diapers in the back of the minivan and we started towards home. Once we were back, I took them through the bank and then to the post office to mail and package. I didn't want to unload their big double stroller each time, so I just put one in an umbrella stroller and carried the other.
It was actually neat to be out with the 2 of them by ourselves. I seriously believe this is the first time I have been out with them for most of the day by myself. We didn't get home until almost 2pm! It was kind of neat. And they were well-behaved as well so that was fun.





you sure are a wonderful Mom! Leaving teaching is a very emotional time, especially when you have loved the school and co-workers like you did. But you take all those skills and experiences with you. I'm sure they were all sad to hear of your decision, but can understand why you have chosen to do that. I sure can!!! I had a wonderful time "playing" yesterday! How fun that they can play hide and seek now! See you in a bout 6 hours! xxoo
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a busy day yesterday!!!! I know you will have much happier memories at home with N&C then you would have of missing them!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the flashback picture!
How do they like their playhut?
That does sound like a busy day, but a fun day. I bet it was nice to take N&C to your old work place and show them around. And I've always thought Milwaukee would be a cool place to visit (maybe because of Lavern & Shirley :)). I think doing stuff like that is fun for the kids, they get to see new things and places and I'm sure that's interesting to them. I love the flashback pictures, I remember when you won those outfits. They are so cute, and the look on Celia's face in the second made me laugh.
ReplyDeleteI can imagine that could be really sad to close that chapter, but you are so lucky to be able to stay home with your precious little ones. I get more sad each day going off to work b/c they are growing and changing so much so fast!
ReplyDelete