We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

4.21.2008

Nicholas post

Today I stopped at a resale shop to pick up some sun hats (and also found some cheap sandals to try). While I was there I finally bought this Melissa and Doug Wood Stacking Toy. I had been thinking about buying it for quite a while and finally did. Our resale shop sells these Melissa and Doug toys new and this one was only $9.99. When I brought it home Nicholas LOVED it right away. He seriously played with it for maybe 25 minutes straight. The picture of the tall tower he stacked, he did all by himself. The first 5 or 6 blocks were on the peg, but after that they were just stacked.

The other funny thing that Nicholas did today was learn to walk in circles. He kept doing it over and over while Celia was sleeping (he refused his afternoon nap by talking in his crib for 45 min so I took him out so Celia could rest). He has also learned to stomp and also to walk backwards. He has been practicing backing up with his push toys, but a few days ago I caught him carefully walking backwards without any support.

4 comments:

  1. Ok, Jill, my boys are obsessed with watching your videos! They just sit and watch it so quiet and still!!! Too funny! Love the video of Nicholas walking in circles! Thats too cute!!!! Love his hat and sandals too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, great video. He actually walked in circles going both ways... that's quite something to switch from going to the left to going to the right. I'm really impressed. His stacking skills are quite something too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a little dizzy watching him go in circles - lol! He does that really well and he is a great stacker! Maybe he will be an architect when he gets older :). I love his hat and sandles too, it must be really nice weather there because I see you had your door open. And I also saw some of that same Ellen episode!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh he is just too cute!
    Walking in circles is so much fun:) He does not look tired one bit! LOL

    ReplyDelete