We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

4.08.2008

New Camera

Our elusive 3rd cat (Nemo) who only comes out after its quiet at night. This is on manual mode with low light in the livingroom! I am getting something that isn't all black! lolNo thats not a cigar (ha ha) its her toothbrush...
She was REALLY ready to get out of her highchair, but it was the only way to keep her semi-still!
Nicholas had food specks on this face (below), probably spices from the sauteed zucchini. :)

Last week I bought a SLR (single-lens reflex) camera off ebay. I have so much practice and reading to do to start to improve my photography skills. I've been on some photography message boards and the photos I felt were my best are nothing compared to other people. I know I can learn and do well eventually, but I have a lot of work to do! My camera came today. It is a Canon EOS Rebel XTi 400D SLR camera - 10.1 mega pixels (my point and shoot camera is 5.1 mega pixels).
I didn't try taking pictures until right before the twins were getting ready for bed. I know they aren't anything near the skill I have yet to get to, but thought I would post a couple pictures that I took. I really don't like to use the flash at all, and I need to work on how to avoid it. From what I've been reading a telephoto lens (I believe) helps capture more light and therefore is able to take pictures in low lighting settings without using to high of an ISO....
If anyone who reads this has a similar camera and has tips on it - please let me know. I already think getting another lens would be great, but everything photography is pretty pricey. And anyone with babies or small children in my area - if your up to letting me practice on your little one(s), I am game!

6 comments:

  1. The first picture kind of looks like Celia is smoking a cigar!
    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope we won't let her smoke a cigar until she is at least 2 years old (kidding of course!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill! I have that same camera! I don't know how to use it, though. I have been wanting to learn more as well. I'm going to send you a pm on the TMMB board...maybe we can help eachother learn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far, these look great. I have a Nikon D40 and we still only use the auto feature b/c we haven't had time to read the manual. I like the low light feature-- that one came out good. But I agree with you-- I hate the photos with the flash. We want to get a better lens, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can already tell how good this camera is going to be. I love that you can get some a crisp picture of their eyes, I hate that about my Elph. I bet you're having fun playing with it and figuring it out :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're gonna love that camera, and you're also gonna have so much fun practicing!

    keep on posting! : )

    i would definitely save up for a nice lense - my personal fave is the 85 mm 1.8 fixed lense (its about $300-400). worth every penny!

    have fun!

    ashley

    ReplyDelete