--------Update-------
A lady on my twins board mentioned her toddler had this and it was diagnosed as Femoral anteversion
I was reading the info - and I see it is more common in girls and it seems that people with this anteversion tend to be faster runners than people w/out it. Then I had an epiphany - I think Jason walks like this a bit. I am so used to how he walks, that I didnt remember. But, if you know him and can picture how he walks, I think it is similar. Maybe she inherited it from him in some way? Just a guess....
Ehhh- who needs doctors.... lol - just kidding. :)
----------------------------
And today I was loading pictures onto my computer and noticed in the following picture that her right (your left) eye seemed like it turned in a bit - like unequal with the other eye. I dont know if I am making a bigger deal about it? I went through and looked at the other close-up pictures of her and I notice it in other pictures (same eye), but I also seem to be taking the picture from the same angle. I haven't noticed it in general looking at her. She also was at the optometrist check-up a few months ago and he felt she was fine. I don't know though - do I take her back? Maybe I can send a digital picture to the optometrist and see what he thinks since he has seen her already?

What do you think?




I hope the optomologist gets back to you soon and says everything is alright. Don't you hate all these little things that you're not sure if you should worry or not worry about? I have these moments a lot, luckily my husband is the opposite and thinks everything is just fine. A good balance. But good job on finding and detecting things early, that's the best thing you can do.
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't worry too much right now cause you know their muscles are still strengthening. It might be that that eye isn't as strong, but as her muscles strengthen in her eyes it will probably get better with time. Just a thought.
ReplyDeleteI would still mention it though to your pedi.
Heather
Mention anything on your mind to your ped. I do! Because we need piece of mind:) I don't think you have anything to worry about with the eyes.. I think it may have been the angle? The one eye had to move some to look at you? I notice both eyes look straight in the "discipline" post. But again... see if the ped agrees with you.
ReplyDeleteI examine every inch of my kids and go to the drs with a list of questions:)
I would mention it the pediatrician, but some "drifting" when children are that young is very normal. The eye muscles become tired very easily and they are probably still working on their strength. If you haven't noticed any vision problems it is probably okay however it wouldn't hurt to mention it. If anything they would probably make her wear a patch over her "good" eye so that the muscles would strengthen in her other eye. I wouldn't worry too much about it though.
ReplyDeleteIn regards to her hip. I can picture Jason walking so I know what you mean. You may want to mention it anyways to the pediatrician but it could also just be her learning how to move and balance. Although if it is anything it is never to early to detect.