We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

1.26.2008

First Birthday Party!


A couple nights ago I used fabric paint to make them special b-day shirts. I think it worked alright. Saved money in the long run.
The birthday party went so well! Our guests were: Me/Jason, Grandma & Grandpa Maus, Grandma & Grandpa Velicer, Angy (my sister) & Russ & baby Lauren, Matthew (my brother) and Lydia, Aunt Julie (Jason's sister) and cousin Heather, and our good friend Matt. A full house, but perfectly full. Their birthday cakes were perfect! We ordered them 'Baby Cakes' from our bakery (2 by 4 inch cakes) for only $1.95 (Awesome deal if you ask me). They were white cake with whipped creme frosting.
The adult cake was chocolate with the same whipped creme. They were very yummy!
We all sang "Happy Birthday" to them. N&C kind of just stared at us. Then I blew out their candles for them and put the cakes on their highchairs.

Celia dove right in, Nicholas was very wary as to what he should do with his. Celia ended up eating a lot of her cake - she does have more of a sweet tooth than Nicholas. Nicholas ate a bit of his cake.


Nicholas had sticky hair so we helped him with his cool hairdo. :) Looks good on him!

They opened their presents :) Grandma and Grandpa Velicer gave them money in $1.00 bills for being 1 year old. It was very cute and clever. Celia especially was trying to grab as much as she could - ha ha. Grandma and Grandpa Velicer gave them a cool ball and a couple really cool books. Mommy and Daddy gave them 2 neat puzzles and stacking wood blocks.
Baby Lauren was here and she is such a good baby! She pretty much nurses and sleeps. :) Isnt she a cutie!

6 comments:

  1. Yeah! So glad the party went well. :) Great job on the shirts and what a great deal for the mini-cakes! We spent $7.00 for each mini-cake! Happy Birthday Celia and Nicholas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special day! They both look like they did really well at their party. I think it's funny that Celia ate the cake and Nicholas just took a bite. And that is a good deal on the cake, I'll have to check into our bakery to see what they have - I doubt it will be that cheap! Good job on the shirts, they are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, GREAT PICS! You did an awesome job on those shirts! Mmmm the cake looks so good!
    Oh yeah, I seriously doubt our cakes will be cheap. Nothing is cheap around here! We still have 4 months to go:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looked like a fun party! You did a great job on the tshirts, too. I just spent $18 on 2 Carter's Bday onesies, so I bet you did save $ (and they're cuter, too).
    GREAT deal on the cakes. They look yummy, too.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that looked like such a special day! The pics are too cute. I think you need to get a photography business going too!!

    Austin's party is coming up fast! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete