Nicholas and Celia played in the hospital room. We also took a walk and met a couple people I knew from my 6 weeks of bedrest at the hospital. The housekeeping staff was there - I got to know one lady real well. And I was able to see 1 of my favorite nurses (I had 3 favs). She said "I was just walking by your old room yesterday and was thinking of you. some patients you don't forget". She was so sweet. She was the nurse I sobbed to when I had to leave Celia in the nicu and take Nicholas home. I just felt so comfortable with her. And she is my age too (27). Just a wonderful nurse.
We stopped at Babies r us on the way home and I ran in and bought a 'kitty' and 'froggy' .

They are Gund Satinee Blankies that the twins cuddle with at night. Celia has 'Pink Kitty' and Nicholas has 'Froggy'. Celia is SO attatched to Pink Kitty that we knew we needed an extra to stash away if one was ever lost or something. I picked out the Kitty and Froggy from the hospital gift shop when I was on bedrest. Jason wheeled me down there to look around one day when I was okay'd to go in a wheelchair for 15 min rides. :) I am glad they like them. Nicholas and Celia were kind of cranky this evening. We put them in bed at 6:20pm and they both fell asleep without a peep. Its like they want to go to bed earlier and earlier. They used to go to bed at 7:30pm. Now 6:30pm is LATE for them. They tend to sleep until 7am too. Thank goodness!
Jason and I popped in a pizza and watched a movie tonight. Now its time to head to bed and read a little before falling asleep.




This sounds like the perfect night to me! For some reason, I can't sleep, so that's why I'm writing at almost 1 AM. I'll regret this at 6 when Libby and Drew wake up.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy about baby Lauren. She is a cutie pie. Can you believe our babies were ever that little (or even smaller)? Time has FLOWN.
What a great experience to see the hospital in a different way (you know, in the land of the walking). I bet the nurses and staff just ate your babies up, too! ;)
How nice to be able to take Nicholas & Celia to visit their new cousin. And even better to introduce them to your nurses - I bet that was really special to see them. I wish we could see ours.
ReplyDeleteOh, and those blankets look nize and cozy, I wouldn't mind having one myself!
Awww, I didn't know Gund made these! I love Gund! We bought a different brand. Faith has a pink elephant and Brandon has a green bear. It only has a satin trim around the edges, it would be nice to be all satin on one side. Is that how the gund is?
ReplyDelete