We have had a busy weekend. Hmmm..... but I can't remember what we did Saturday. Oh, yeah, Jason and I went through our things in the basement. We made piles of things in sell, keep, or give away. I still need to really go through baby clothes (we will only save the clothes we used/like the most) and I need to go through my teaching things. We are going to start framing the basement to finish it. We'll just go in stages as we can afford to do it. Hopefully by Spring/summer 09 we will be finished (thats our goal).
Today we went to church (3rd time we have left Nicholas and Celia in the childcare). After church they visited with Grandma M. since she is having her surgery tomorrow morning. She will be recovering for a few weeks - hope it goes so well for her! We will miss our peppy Grandma, but N&C will be her candy stripers and come over to cheer her up. :)
Then we went out to a lake party after their nap. They were so well-behaved. They actually just played in one area and didn't run all over the place. Nicholas found some match-box cars (the little ones) and he was in heaven. Celia found a purple beach ball and was also in heaven. Cars and balls, balls and cars = their current interests. On the drive home we heard giggling in the backseat and I turned around - THEY WERE HOLDING HANDS! How adorable is that! They were reaching their hands in-between the carseats (still rear-facing) and holding hands for a few minutes. I WISH I had my camera then!
And more exciting news! I have my first non-family photography session this week! I am going to be doing a session for our friends who just had twin girls on July 3rd. I have been reading more and doing practice shots on a doll. I am excited, but nervous at the same time. I think it will go well overall. I need to find a babysitter for N&C if it is during the day though (the mom will call me when she decides on a time). I found a brother/sister pair that are very good with N&C, but they aren't available on Wednesday and that could be the day I will be needed for the session (for 2-3 hours). I will post pictures of my session when I am all done processing the photos. Wish me luck!!!!
7.13.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Busy weekend! That is so sweet that N & C were holding hands. B & F hold hands somethimes when they are lying on the floor drinking milk together. I never grab my camera in time.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the photo session! I know you will do great. Your pictures are really good. I can't wait to see!
Yay! I'm so excited for you that you have your first photo session. I can't wait to see the pictures. That sounds so cute that N&C were holding hands, I love moments like that. Sounds like you guys had a fun and busy weekend. Can't wait to see how your basement turns out, I love home projects like that (but mostly the decorating part).
ReplyDeleteThats really sweet that they were holding hands!!!!! Ethan tried to hold Eli's hand today, but he wouldn't cooperate! :(
ReplyDeleteGreat job on getting your first photo session!!! I can't wait to see how it turns out!!!
How cute that they were holding hands... wish you had your camera so I could put that on my desktop at work to show everyone.
ReplyDeleteBest of luck with your photo session. You have such a good eye for the right picture, I'm very confident you will excel at this shoot. Looking forward to seeing the results.
When N&C are being the candy-stripers, make sure they have some candy for grandma. That may help her feel better :-)
I hope your session goes well, if you can do toddlers you can definitely do this.
ReplyDelete