7.01.2008
Piggy Tails
Its been a while since I posted their menu for the day. That is because they are beginning to eat like Toddlers. They love it one day. . . hate it the next. They can eat like a mouse one meal/day, and another like a hippo (hippos eat a lot, right?). BUT, today they ate so well. It was one of those days where they even felt heavier when I picked them up. I bet Celia is 20 lbs tonight!
Anyway, here is what they ate today:
Breakfast 8:30am: whole fat yogurt with raspberries mixed in, Kashi Hot cereal, milk
Snack 10:30 am: milk and some Nilla Wafers
Lunch: 11:15am: Peanut butter and Jelly on wheat bread, sliced nectarines, cheddar cheese chunks, and milk
Snack 3:30pm: Townhouse crackers, string cheese and ice water
Dinner 5:45pm: Grilled hot dog slices, oven-baked french fries, green beans, blueberries and milk
I wish they would eat so nicely every day, but. . . then we wouldn't be able to afford them. So I guess they know what they are doing. :) Its one of those areas you can't force kids. They eat what they need and when they need it. Lately they have been craving milk. Water won't do, its milk. There must be some major bone growth going on.
On another note, I mentioned I am reading "The Happiest Toddler on the Block" by Dr. Karp. I am loving it. So far I am on the theory section which focuses on their development and it is so interesting. The point that really got to me is that toddlers are not little adults, they aren't even 'kids' yet. They think so concretely that reasoning with a tantruming toddler won't work (hmmmm, could've told you that). So, I have to get to the "well, whada ya do then?" part of the book, but its coming. Anyway, if you have a 1-4 year old toddler/grandtoddler, or think you might some day, then borrow this book from the library. I should be getting the video from Netflix tomorrow so Jason and I can watch it too! Then my eye twitch, gray hair and random laughter should slow down. Yippee!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Oh my goodness, she is just too adorable! Those piggy tails are cute! I sure hope to have a girl, but will be happy with God gives me. I will have to check out that book.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweetie. Sounds like they had a really good day of eating. I think I should hire you to prepare my meals... I would definitely eat a better diet. You had me laughing with the twitch, hair and laughter comment. Will be interested to hear the 'what do you do about it' lessons. Take good care. Happy 4th.
ReplyDeleteFunny girl.....you can't "hardly" notice your twitches! ha ha
ReplyDeleteYes, and I love the piggy tails. I just don't understand how you get them in that squirmy girl!
I love the Piggy tails! She is so adorable!
ReplyDeleteSweet piggy tails! I love it when you post your menus. Gives me ideas:)
ReplyDeleteCould those Piggy Tails BEEEEE ANY CUTER!!?!?! I THINK NOT! Soooo cute Jill!!
ReplyDeleteWe are so the same with piggy tails...so barely there, but hey, its finally there.
ReplyDeleteLove the piggy tails!! I got lucky for a few days with Kat not noticing them in her hair, now it's the first thing she rips out. But I keep trying, they're just too cute!
ReplyDelete