We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

7.14.2008

Picture Fun

This afternoon, I set up a kitchen chair (with a white or black fabric hanging on the back) near the front door and practiced 'finding the light' with Nicholas and Celia. Its tricky to try to get the catchlights in their eyes so they don't look like the have lifeless eyes and get the focus point right in the correct space whilst they are movin' and groovin' all over the place. Hence then you have to increase your shutter speed. Boy, I feel like if I can get good at photographing toddlers, I can do about anything, ha ha.




9 comments:

  1. JILL-- these are AMAZING and I know your photo shoot will be so good. Newborns are cute anyway, right?? ;) But I have no doubts b/c every photo you post is just beautiful. I wish I lived in WI so we could have a photo shoot! But the winters are too cold... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, can you come to TN to take pics of my boys??? When you visit your grandma I'll have to get you to take some...those are AMAZING!!!!
    Wow, they are really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! I like the first one of Celia a lot, that turned out great! I think you got the eyes really good. Are you even needing to take them into PS at all?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Jill. Your pictures look professional already! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Jill I really thought your photos were good before but in the last few months they have gotten even better. I am sure you will have a blast with the photo shoot of newborn twins. There are so many cute poses that you can do! N and C's eyes definitely caught the light in those photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these, they have such beautiful eyes to practice on too.

    BTW....I love your music, I forgot we have that Curious George CD, Braeden used to love it....where is it now? Hmmm, will have to check.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! These are gorgeous pictures. Great subjects to practice on too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures as always! I would hire you any day:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful "catchlights"! that's what makes the whole photograph - that and the fact that you have adorable subjects, of course!

    how is the buisness going?! (I'm getting closer and closer....)

    ReplyDelete