We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

7.22.2008

The Red Hat

Over the weekend, I used a loom and knitted a red hat. I have the other hat begun, but not finished. N&C like to wear the one red hat that is finished. They kind of giggle and run around putting it on and off. Here Celia is wearing the red hat and they are playing together with the stacking boxes. This is how Nicholas 'talks' to Celia - sort of reminds me of R2D2 from Star Wars.


Tonight N&C had a bath. Celia usually wants out first, so once she was done and dressed she went in to our bedroom to play with Jason. I was drying Nicholas on the bathroom floor and he picked up his head and hit it back on the floor gently. I said "ouch". Nicholas heard me say "Ouch" and thought that meant "Mommy thinks that is soooo funny! Do it again!". So he picked up his head real high (imagine him laying on the rug on his back - tile floor underneath) and wacked it hard on the floor. He started crying so hard. Jason said that he was holding Celia when Nicholas started crying and she immediately signed 'hurt'. She was right! He felt quite hurt. Poor kid!

6 comments:

  1. Cute hat and love the R2D2 speak. :) My guys sound the same way, but at least your's don't scream and push and pull each other when the other takes a toy away. My guys are animals. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they played so nicely - good one to catch on film. They almost got it back together correctly too. Love the gibberish... don't you wish you knew what he was saying. Good job on the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are so crafty, Jill! My craftiness is lacking, I'm afraid. I tried to learn to knit on bedrest and I failed miserably! Love how they are playing so great together--I can't wait to see that with my boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 23, 2008

    Cute video! Nicholas likes to learn the hard way! He'll never remember why Mommy thought it was so funny. jk

    ReplyDelete
  5. That red hat is so cute, Celia looks like such a lady in it :). Nicholas talks exactly like Kat. To me it sounds like they are saying "w, w, w". I think it's cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The "dibbadibbadibbadib" sounds like something Brenna says. They are so cute and they are doing great with the stacker boxes too.

    ReplyDelete