We grow so fast. . .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

7.28.2008

Miscellaneous Things

Saturday morning we took Nicholas and Celia to the County Fair. It was early and quite unpopulated with people, so we were able to see the animals easily. All I could think was "Thank goodness I don't have to take care of large animals like this". That looks like a lot of work! Jason likes the draft horses (well, Jason likes all the animals, really) and I had to take this picture of this humongous Belgian horse. Jason is 6'4" and this horse towered over him.
We only stayed for a couple hours. As it was nearing lunch time we couldn't decide on what to eat. Everything was fried and so we decided to go to Panara for the first time with N&C. They ate a PB&J and Baked French Onion Soup. Better than fried chicken and fries.


Saturday afternoon Nicholas was playing with a toy bus on Grandma and Grandpa's wall in the backyard. What a cutie :)
Our house is only a mile or so from the County Airport. All weekend and today there have been flying formations over our house as they practice for the EAA? Airshow in Oshkosh, WI. Its been neat, and loud, at the same time. Here is one formation. That has got to be hard to do!

p.s. With the prior post I enlarged the photos. Does this work on most people's computer screens? I've heard that a couple people are not seeing the enlarged photos all the way - which could be due to not having a wide-screen monitor. Leave me a comment so I know what is going on, please. Let me know about the photo blog as well since the sidebar is on the opposite side on that blog. :)

6 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 29, 2008

    Pictures are coming through just fine for me. I love the one of Nicholas and the bus--he did that for soooo long! Hey, I didn't see any big formations like that one, where do you live? ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the photos are coming through fine for me. However, the one of Nicholas with the bus (really cute pic) doesn't fit on my screen because of the layout (up and down - versus wide). The one of Celia with her red hat and sunglasses fit's fine because it's wider than taller. If this doesn't make sense... let me know. Other than that, I can see them, I just can't have them as my wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jill, great pics, I can see all of them just great! Now, if I can only get my pictures to come out right on my blog...UGH, this new Mac is taking some time to get used to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool would it be to see them practicing in your backyard. Braeden would LOVE that!

    BTW, the pics look good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures come across okay here too. Man, that horse is huge! Sounds like you guys had a good weekend. We live not too far from Luke Air Force Base and it's so cool to see the cool jets and such fly over. The kids will love that when they get older!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are enlarged and I am on my simple work laptop (not a wide screen). I can't believe how big N looks in that truck/wall photo. Maybe it's the cute little outfit he has on, too!

    The airplanes flying overhead are really neat. We have some now and then since we live close to the giant airport here, so it's been nice to teach the sign "airplane" with them. But ours are just passenger planes-- no cool ones like yours. ;)

    ReplyDelete